6.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Italy

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
30,522
26,851
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Location
Redding, California
Website
www.netallurgy.com
An early morning earthquake registering 6.2, centered near Perugia rocked the region today.

So far, no word of damage or injuries have been reported.

I'm hoping that our forum members and their loved ones living in Italy are safe.

Earthquake strikes central Italy - BBC News
 
Just seen it on the BBC News - reporting 38 dead so far. Sad news.
 
Sad news. 281 deads and more than 380 wounded, while the eathquake is still going on.
I'm personally do live in a land where earthquakes are unknown ( Sardinia is said by experts to be one of the safest places in the world, by this point of wiev), but I lived in my youth in Sicily, very close to the Etna vulcan, and have experienced how frightening an earthquake, even a small one, can be. Let's imagine a big one.
 
Last edited:
The part of California where I live isn't prone to earthquakes. When the ground shakes here it is from some where else. That region of Italy has been described as having very active fault lines.
 
pericolositc3a02.jpg


The area stricken by earthquake is approx NE of Rome.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back