8th AF and RAF Bomber losses (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

yes a terrible turn for the two Sturmgruppen this date for what they did......the inevitable was happening to them more than what they realized.

Ed Gates did a good write up of the overview for the 91st bg on their dedicated website as well as the 457th bg site, lost 9, 5 major damage and 4 minor, the 457th claimed 8 destroyed and 2 probable.
Remember writing group historian Willard Reese with my findings back in winter of 2001 as he had no clue whom attacked them - the 457th bg, and inf act I translated the LW accoutn from the German for his and his bg database

small world and crazy times........

Good stuff E ~ you and others like Leo Etgen have been a huge assist in piecing the combatants for me.

Erich ---- Your last post is 100% correct. Now there are 2 of us not sure if I received your stuff on Merseberg. Would you please send that stuff again. Thank you. Check out the full page on my website at B-17 B-24 Pictures Information 8th Air Force Flying Fortress Liberator Ploesti Schweinfurt Merseberg Berlin missions about Murdersberg. Fortunately, our crew was on stand-down on Nov 2 '44, but I can confirm that only 15 of our group's B17s failed to return that day. Our crew was on the next mission to Murdersberg on Nov 21 when Klette, our squadron CO took us down to 17000 feet to bomb the target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back