A fishing trip gone bad

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Its one of those days that years from now, you will tell the story and laugh about it all. "hey, remember that time...."

Too bad you didn't catch all this on film......

My friend and I also joked that had a news crew been there to catch it, we would've been all over the news as the clowns of the day!

In my mind it was as if taken out of some bad movie, I just couldn't believe what had just happened! And I kept thinking that the following 10min, all the while my friend was swearing like an old drunken fisherman! :lol:

The dinghy just suddenly swung violently to the right, almost tipping over, and I was sure my friend had just made an over enthusiastic turn. However upon looking back I saw him hanging over the transom staring into the water and I then noticed that the engine was gone!! With lots of froth bubbles from where the engine had sunk!

And then there were the Weevers, christ those are some aggressive bastards, and with spikes both on the side and on the top. A sting from a Weever is one of the most, if not THE most painful stings by any animal, often causing the person to pass out because of the pain. The coast guard suspects that a lot of the unexplained drowning deaths in shallow water are caused by people stepping on a weever and passing out or going into heavy cramps. Esp. children old folks, or people with a weak heart, are in the high risk zone of dying if stung. Fortunately my friend and I don't fit into those categories and will most likely survive if stung, even if untreated.

And we caught five of these bastards!

Oh man, what a day!

Its one of those days that years from now, you will tell the story and laugh about it all. "hey, remember that time...."

Well I pretty much laughed my ass off when we had returned to shore and my friend's beer can exploded up his face, soaking him completely. That was the last drop, I couldn't hold it back anymore and I nearly rolled on the floor laughing. Almost couldn't stop again! :lol:

Sh!t that sucks.

Sounds like the day me and a friend went fishing on the beach. We only cached one fish, the rest was puffer fish and I broke my catrole and cut my foot open on the rocks and that evening I realized why you need to wear sun tan lotion, because I burned my legs and feet so badly I could not work for almost a week. Everyone thought it was funny as hell, but the skin of my feet came off and left nasty marks on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back