A great F105 website (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interesting question Pb, but with modern electronic sighting backed up by holographic sighting I doubt that the elevation/azimuth of the gun really matters too much in the scheme of things.

I've read where the gun on the 105 was pointed downward at about 2.5degrees for strafing is this fact or fiction

Fiction Pb - the gun was all about 'self defense' not strafing. The wild weasels were only F-105s in flak suppression and the 105s had the most migs (and losses) until the F-4 took the lead in 1971 - all M-61 kills.

When I flew the A-10c simulator back in April, the HUD gunsight computes Point if impact at any range.. the F-105 had similat comptation in the gunsight but two generations behind th A-10 systems.

The specific F-105 that Syscom put up there was the only F-105 that killed three Migs..(two different pilots) - don't know if any specific F-4 or F-8 shot down as many

The F-4D that Steve Ritchie flew on his 1st and 5th kills wound up with total of 6 kills for the war. It is on display at the Air Force Academy with six red stars on the splitter plate.

Darwin, O.F. :alien:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back