A great movie, a true story of Japanese soldiers and Koreans forced into their army

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gregg

Recruit
Apr 1, 2013
My Way

2011R143 minutes
This fact-based wartime drama follows two young men, one Korean and one Japanese, whose athletic rivalry ends with the start of World War II. Captured by the Soviets, both men escape but are separated, only to meet again in the D-Day invasion.

Cast:Dong-gun Jang, Jô Odagiri, Bingbing Fan, In-kwon Kim, Seung-hyeon Han, Jin-seok Yang, Ji-han Do, Hee-won KimDirector:Je Gyu KangGenres:Drama, Foreign, Military War Dramas, Military War Action, Dramas Based on Real Life, Foreign Dramas, Foreign Action Adventure, Korean Language, KoreaLanguage:KoreanThis movie is:Violent, Dark, GrittyFormat:DVD

Attachments

• 70225598.jpg
    70225598.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 161
Thanks Gregg for your introduction.

I recommended this movie to my local friends but none of them watched it simply because that is a Korean movie.
They, or We as Japanese comprehensively, may have prejudice that Koreans could not treat us friendly.

I thought it was a good movie at least.

When I was stationed in Japan in the mid 60's. I took karate at a dojo in downtown Kokura. One of my fellow servicemen was a Korean-American, when he tried to join the class, the head honcho wouldn't accept him.
It was strange to me at the time. You'd ocassionally meet Japanese who still held grudges against the Americans for WW2, but the bad blood between the Japanese and Koreans was much more easy to see.

When I was stationed in Japan in the mid 60's. I took karate at a dojo in downtown Kokura. One of my fellow servicemen was a Korean-American, when he tried to join the class, the head honcho wouldn't accept him.
It was strange to me at the time. You'd ocassionally meet Japanese who still held grudges against the Americans for WW2, but the bad blood between the Japanese and Koreans was much more easy to see.

Utterly, tyrodtom :)

I think it's like a brothers quarrel.
As Half of the Japanese ancestors came from Korea to rule this islands, not only mutual language grammars but ways of thinking are also traditionally same. Japan is to Korea is like what SK is to NK or Korea is to Mongolia as Mongolians belongs to the same family but interestingly the relationship between Mongolia and Japan is good as both peoples do not live side by side.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back