A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This one came today, over 450 pages on the Caudron Renault Cr.714. Lots of pictures, drawings, profiles. camouflage and more.

HPIM3592.JPG

It's a fantastic piece of research and writing. My kind of history, reviewing "accepted" perspectives and challenging them based on detailed research and understanding.

That's what I gathered. I spent a few months last year poking around Tully's Port, a forum mainly dedicated to the Pacific naval war, and many of the quoted snippets struck me as very thoughtful and nuanced -- not always common in books about battles.

An added benefit was that Mr Tully participated in some discussion and brought, again, a lot of thoughtful and nuanced points to the conversations.

On those two strengths, I reckoned it was high time I got it. I need to finish up my current reading before delving into it -- I'm a hundred pages into a book about the history of the electric guitar, lol.

I read somewhere that at least one of the authors has adjusted one or two of the findings revealed in the book (as new information was found?). Which I could find it again, print it out and put it with the book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back