A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some arrivals over the first half of 2022.

Double box set which includes 2nd Edition of Aircraft of RAAF & 1st Edition of Units of the RAAF - combined over 1000 pages.

Then, Now Always - Illustrated History of the RAAF 1921-2021 1st Edition

Then one of the air campaign historical series by RAAF History & Heritage Branch. More in this series to follow over time.

Then in a similar maritime theme, Cold War Warriors, P-3 Orion in RAAF Service 1968 - 1991 (will be followed at some stage with a second volume covering from 1992 to retirement from RAAF service.)

Balance of the first half of 2022 new - and old - book arrivals. Still have a couple of books on back order that might arrive before 30 June 2022.

Very much focussed on the experiences of RAAF personnel in the Pacific in WW2.

Latest part in this very good series.

An older book then sets out the operational record of RAF Fairey Battle and Bristol Blenheim squadrons operating over France from September 1939 until the end of the Battle of France. Has some gaps in details due to what records were available when it was written, but does include many first hand accounts from Battle and Blenheim aircrew involved in the operations described.

One of the more recent books about a RAAF pilot trained in Australia and Canada under the EATS, who then served with No.130 Squadron RAF on Spitfire IX and XIV.

A different perspective book based off an academic dissertation that looks at the cultural impact of the RAF and Aircrew 1939 to 1945. Looks how the RAF was depicted in many aspects of culture including film, books, and everyday life in the UK during WW2.

This arrived yesterday. In my first look through I have noted the number of photographs that are incorrectly or poorly captioned - example an A-36 identified as a P-51, incorrect dates listed against photographs (a year out in date, eg should be 1943 but caption says 1944) and similar. It was originally due for publication some months back, only published late June, the extra time was obviously not for final checking and editing.

Users who are viewing this thread