A new book in my library. (5 Viewers)

Couple of weeks reading ahead of me.
I had read the first one. Very interesting
 
IMG_20260829_112535.jpg

The Forgotten Air Force is alright, would have liked more though....
I love the Soviet Artillery Tractors, plenty of photos etc., here....maybe a tad small at times, but then again, had they been bigger it would've added a few more pages....
 
Yip, you definitely need to get this book!
Next, a similar book on their trucks, thank you!

IMG_20260829_161115.jpg


IMG_20260829_161227.jpg


IMG_20260829_161324.jpg


IMG_20260829_161426.jpg


IMG_20260829_161525.jpg
 
n
View attachment 892503
I emailed Mr. Ginter inquiring about purchasing this book from him. His daughter informed my he had passed. RIP
There is a pix in this forum with this bird shown in Red Army AF paint. A Google query lists many designations, many major changes, and very few built, not ordered beyond testing. Yet claims of holding significant records!
Any experts out there besides the lamented Steve?
 
This is a "new" book in my library, although only in the sense that I bought it I don't know how long ago and then forgot where I put it until I stumbled across it recently.

View attachment 892929
I do that, I lay them on the floor and "Stumble " on them hurting my toes and say oh that's where I put that.
 
I do that, I lay them on the floor and "Stumble " on them hurting my toes and say oh that's where I put that.
Oh, if only those were the only things I stumble over. At least the books don't usually hurt too bad, unlike my metal framed computer desk. maybe I could cup up tennis balls and put them over the ends of the square tubing - but that would increase the target area so much that I would be certain of hitting much more often.

My other favorite trick is to take a new book, carefully analyze its size, shape, binding, and subject matter and apply the data to a series of partial differential equations to determine the best location to place it - and then, having reached that conclusion, feel my self satisfied smile fade away as I ..... PLACE IT NEXT TO THE TWO COPIES I ALREADY HAVE!!!!!!!!
 
Looking through an auction found this a sighed copy from Gunther Rall(fixed) if anyone interested stateside.

 
Last edited:
Looking through an auction found this a sighed copy from Gunther Hall if anyone interested stateside.

Rall not Hall!!!
 
The four most recent additions to my library! Strong to Serve is a good read, and very well researched. The Heinz Gomann (Jagdgeschwader 26) memoirs are written in a different style, as a series of short stories. The Anton Hafner (Jagdgeschwader 51) biography was written by his brother, and includes extracts from Hafner's wartime diary and letters. I haven't started on Robert Forsyth's latest book yet, but am very much looking forward to it - his work is always great.

Latest books.png
 
The four most recent additions to my library! Strong to Serve is a good read, and very well researched. The Heinz Gomann (Jagdgeschwader 26) memoirs are written in a different style, as a series of short stories. The Anton Hafner (Jagdgeschwader 51) biography was written by his brother, and includes extracts from Hafner's wartime diary and letters. I haven't started on Robert Forsyth's latest book yet, but am very much looking forward to it - his work is always great.

View attachment 895644
I enjoyed Robert Forsyth's book
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back