A 'Prestwick' CF-104 pic for Cory and Geo.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
The 35mm Kodchrome 'slides' of the RCAF Starfighters arrived today from my 'big bro', so I've had a go at scanning them.
Unfortunately, my little transparency/negative scanner is about as useful as a chocolate teapot (I guess you get what you pay for !), so I'll see if I can project the slides, and re-photograph them to get closer to the true colours, contrast and sharpness.
The originals are very good, even though taken at a distance, and have remained 'true' since they were taken, on 22nd November 1964.
For now, here's one shot of '771', just after landing at Prestwick, still streaming the brake 'chute. Note the 'Red Ensign' tail flag which, less than three months later, would change to the current Canadian flag.
Given I can improve the reproduction, I'll post the rest in my CF-104 thread, starting very soon - I hope!

Attachments

• 2014-12-04_5.JPG
    2014-12-04_5.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 134
Thanks should go to my elder brother, but thanks anyway!
Yep, I was there, at the ripe age of 'almost 13', going on 30 !!!
I can still remember clearly the sound of the Starfighters, as they funneled down the glide slope and landed - a unique sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back