A Taste of My A6M2.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great paint job Skull! I particulary liked the chipping applied on the leading edges, very convincing. Would you mind explaining your technique here. It looks like the silver pencil technique... I use prismacolors, but I have yet to achieve that effect...

Alloy Skull, the 109 is in Midland. Back in the 70's there were 2. I do not know the current status. They were used in the movie, Battle of Britian.

DBII

Very interesting, two in Texas?

Jgonzalez, I use Testors silver enamel paint. I take a hard, flat brush, and I dip the very tip in into the bottle and wipe 80% of the paint off of the brush onto a paper towel. I take the brush and kind of stab the corners of it at the places to be chipped lightly, it's an odd way to do it, but it seems to work. It is key that the brush be really almost devoid of paint. It takes a lot of time but when done you don't have overkill in some places. (Like my Fw-190) It's best to buy some really cheap planes to practice on, not models but toys.

Users who are viewing this thread