A Taste of My A6M2.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now you have made me feel old. I wish we had met sooner. I had an extra seat for the WOH airshow this year. Timing is everything. There is at lease one small event at the Conroe airport, Hooks, and West Side airport every year. I will let you know when I get the dates.

DBII

Da werden sich kleine gelbe Menschen vor Freude in die Hose pissen und noch gelber werden ... hihihi.
Wenn ich das noch ins Englische übersetzen könnte....!
If little yellow people this could be see, they would have a lot of fun and then they would pissing in their trousers and they would be still more yellow .... hihihi... !

I went to Wings Over Houston, I've been every year since I was 6! :D 11 years and still kickin! That Glacier Girl was pretty, and so was Tarheel Hal! I still wish I could see an Me-109 at WOH. I've seen one at the Midland Air Museum, but yeah, it's been a few years...

AlloySkull you just missd it. The CAF had a Spainish made 109 in Galveston back in 1974...lol. I have been going since the 70s. Where is my walker....

DBII

1:32. DBII, I've seen it. It's in tropical colors? It's in Midland now, correct? I went there a couple years back and I was one day off on planning our trip, from being able to sit in the damn thing! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: =/ Yup... Such is life.

No no, it's not a kit. :) It's pre-built and pre-painted, made by 21st Century Toys. I just do the weathering.

Check out...

Welcome to 21st Century Toys The manufacturer's site. Has a little bit of info, if you dig.

But for a lot of their planes and tanks, go here...
Bad Cat Toys Inc. - Toy Airplanes, Military Models, Diecast Model Airplanes
and click either Aircraft or Armor and click either 1:32 or 1:18 scale. Select 21st Century Toys and you'll see.

WarToyZ.com

Same as BadCat, but a different selection. Still, between these two sites, it does not represent even half of all the paint jobs they've come out with. O.O It's awesome to see a real collection. Mine is nothing. I'll take pics soon tonight, with my gnarly new camera.

It's hard to find these if you're outside the US. But if you're looking to order, go with BadCat. Incredible customer service from what I hear. :)

I suggest these specific molds, mainly because they're newer and so beautiful compared to their original, toy-ish molds...

Fw-190D-9
Fw-190A
Fw-190F
Ju-87B/R
Macchi C.202
Macchi C.205
P-51B
P-51C
P-51D NEW mold (Kick ass compared to the old one!)
A6M2
A6M3
Me-109F
Me-109G
P-40B
F4U-1

The older molds aren't bad, by any means, but they're not as detailed or as advanced as the newer ones. The P-40B is an intermediate mold. It's new-old. It's beautiful though. :)

I wish a large chain store over here would stock a few. I'd happily snap some up very quickly.

I used to get really cheap Tamiya kits at Big W but now they have stopped stocking anything kit related :(

Yeah even the Wally Worlds stateside are downsizing their model stuff. Even the stuff I look for, the pre-built stuff was a mess. Nothing new, and little of nothing. They seem to have plenty of everything else, from Spiderman, to Barbie, to frickin' crack cocaine...

Angered me. I wanted to punch people. But my medications restrain me. I just got out of the mental hospital getting my meds straight for 4 days, I was screwed up... =/

I have to get all my kits from toyworld. I never knew big w stocked kits.

Hasegawa too man.

Like I got the Mosquito and beaufighter for 30 bucks and in model shops they were 60-70 dollars. I was hoping they would get a 1/48 Lancaster:lol: Because they priced all the tamiya kits the same.

But alas now even the paint and glues are gone :(

Toyworld got kicked out of the local shopping centre and sadly closed down. WHile he was i snapped up a ton of kits and model supplies dirt cheap.

My main resource for kits and materials is a games world store, they are pretty good for range and putty etc...

Theres a new local hobby store but hes mostly R/C stuff.

yeah I just went to toyworld today to get some paint so no more excuses its time to get building! I also picked up a classic planes c-47 cheap as well. Its a ready made kit with snap together parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back