A Taste of My A6M2. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great paint job Skull! I particulary liked the chipping applied on the leading edges, very convincing. Would you mind explaining your technique here. It looks like the silver pencil technique... I use prismacolors, but I have yet to achieve that effect...

Alloy Skull, the 109 is in Midland. Back in the 70's there were 2. I do not know the current status. They were used in the movie, Battle of Britian.

DBII

Very interesting, two in Texas? :D

Jgonzalez, I use Testors silver enamel paint. I take a hard, flat brush, and I dip the very tip in into the bottle and wipe 80% of the paint off of the brush onto a paper towel. I take the brush and kind of stab the corners of it at the places to be chipped lightly, it's an odd way to do it, but it seems to work. :) It is key that the brush be really almost devoid of paint. It takes a lot of time but when done you don't have overkill in some places. (Like my Fw-190) :oops: It's best to buy some really cheap planes to practice on, not models but toys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back