A6M5 mounting for A/H and Turn and Bank.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VERSUCH

Airman 1st Class
Sep 13, 2008
SUNBURY AUSTRALIA
I am trying to finish my A6M5 panel ,but I cannot find any technical details of the panel that carries
the A/H and Turn and Bank.
I know that there are some very clever people in Japan that do this , but my Japanese is not so clever.
Anyone able to help me get in touch or have details of the above.

Kind Regards Mike

Attachments

• P7280015.JPG
    P7280015.JPG
    528.8 KB · Views: 257
You are doing awesome work, VERSUCH :shock:

I'd like to assist you but no more detailed data about the part you are looking for than these.

01.JPG
02.JPG
03.JPG

Thank you both for your input, and Shinpachi that drawing is VERY useful.
I am also looking for the oil and fuel pressure gauge and a mag switch...so if anyone has one
in a dusty top drawer.....let me know.

Kind Regards Mike

Ok, here is where I am at.
We have made the drawings and then the prototype mount, but if we scale up the drawing that shows a width of 225mm and a height of 130mm, it seems incorrect as it is quite large and does not seem to be the same scale of original photos show.Ie Its BIG.
Secondly the two circles for the AH and Turn and Slip are shown to be just touching, again this does not appear on original photos (And makes it nearly impossible to assemble). A separation of approx 5mm between the two instruments seems to be about right going on original photos.Is this correct?
I have a VERY rough drawing believed to be from an original panel and this differs in that it is 210mm in length and 118mm high.
Lastly in the photo the Scnautzer posted the AH outside edge appears to be rounded,this is the first of this type I have seen , is it suitable for the A6M5 ?
The size of panel that SEEMS to be be correct is approx 205-210 X 115 MM X 20MM.
I am aware this my interpretation , but look forward to your feedback.

Kind Regards Mike

Attachments

• A6M5 MOUNT .1.jpg
    A6M5 MOUNT .1.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 218
  • A6M5 .2.jpg
    A6M5 .2.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 207
  • A6M5.3.jpg
    A6M5.3.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 206
  • A6M5.4.JPG
    A6M5.4.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 197
The drawing I have shown is a tracing of an actual relic with the gauge position as a reference. The panel had no round edge on the side at least.

Shinpachi, thanks for keeping in touch, it would seem there are variations in original panels, possibly between Mitsubishi or Nakajima built aircraft?

I may have to build 225 x 130 piece and locate the holes accordingly,are you able to advise the location of the mounting holes for the panel to the main frame?

Thanks again for taking the time and effort!

Kind Regards Mike

You are welcome, Mike.

I haven't heard there were variations of the hexagonal panel except the prototype for A6M12 but the shape is totally different from any of above.
No exact measurements for the location of mounting holes but, in my attempt of making CGI, it seems 8 to 9mm inside the outer line.
I'm wishing you good luck, Mike. You are doing awesome job.

Prototype_panel.JPG
Upper_gauges_Zero.JPG

I think YOU are the one doing the awesome job ,I should mention that my panel is copied from an original . (Not mine unfortunately)
Your sharing of information to help myself and other forum members is exemplary .
The CGI of the cockpit and the mount, will save my time and effort , but I still suspect I will be making more than one of these
before I am happy with the final result!

Kind Regards Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back