Academy 1:72 scale ME-163

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
me163_zpsomicridt.jpg

sshlepper_zpslxrecz5n.jpg

I built a Frog Me 163 qbout 35 years ago and it was dreadfull, I think it only had about 6 parts. This kit is great and has the added bonus of a ground handling machine. Bonus's are always good but after doing a bit of research on the Schlepper it turns outthe kit version is very inaccurate and quite cartoonish looking so that will be the first order of business. I used dental picks to carve the track on the right so it looks more open as a start.

Hello Graham, certainly there will be difference with the old kit :thumbright::thumbleft:, and with little advance you show in the track, I'll be watching your progress.

Saludos :thumbup:

Well the Scheuch Schlepper is all done and ready to paint, added a lot of extra detail to it. Fascinating little rig. It's always nice when you get a little "bonus" kit within a kit ! Probably wind up spending more time on this than the Komet !!

schlepper%20001_zps6bbutqlp.jpg

Well the Scheuch Schlepper is all done ( why I love that name I don't know ). I,ve only just started on the Komet so I posed it with a 109, lets say the landing gear collapsed. If the War dept. does'nt have me too busy over the next few weeks I should get a wrap on the 163

162%20001_zpsund5iphy.jpg

162%20002_zpseeoy6850.jpg

Last edited:
Well now that summer is over it's back into the man cave and little to do outside. Got the Me 163 done up as well as a few other kits on the go. Here are some pics of the end roll out.

fp163%20011_zpsm3ha3i8e.jpg

fp163%20013_zps1evxawyf.jpg

fp163%20007_zpsltajn1ct.jpg

This was a fun kit to do, the last Me 163 I did was about 35 years ago and I thought it was a Frog kit but turns out it was a Linberg kit. It was pretty miserable. I think about only a dozen parts if that and pretty cheezy !

Last edited:
Lovely work. I hate to be a stick-in-the-mud, but the wing L/E slots on the Komet are constructed integrally with the wings and can't move. They are slots as opposed to slats, which, of course were common on Messerschmitt fighters. Sorry man.

WingsSlats.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely work. I hate to be a stick-in-the-mud, but the wing L/E slots on the Komet are constructed integrally with the wings and can't move. They are slots as opposed to slats, which, of course were common on Messerschmitt fighters. Sorry man.

WingsSlats.jpg

No biggie, how it was OTB and just when I was getting good at sleeping at night !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back