ACCU SIM

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VALENGO

Senior Airman
I was watching some pictures about Accu Sim ( A2A Simulations ). I understand that it is a family of add ons for several games. Any views, like Dora´s cockpit, are outstanding. I´m not sure if they have their own game or just make airplanes for others. Anyway, is highly recommended visit this site.

Pretty decent graphics. It would rock if it was for a combat sim.

b5.gif

b1.gif

The main advantage of Accusim is in the engine management. The aircraft suffers damage (sometimes very quickly) if you mishandle the engine. It makes flying much more real whether you are flying the Cub or the B.17.

Gone are the days when you could open up to full manifold/RPM and cruise for hours with no consequences. If you do this in, say, the B.17, you will last for about 5 minutes before things begin to break. Once they have broken, the aircraft will stay that way, even in susequent flights, until fixed. Frankly, to fly one of those Accusimmed aircraft in combat would be a nightmare until you knew your aeroplane inside out!

Quite simply, Accusim is beginning to deliver on the "as real as it gets" promise made 20years ago by M$

I'm just waiting for the Spitfire to be Accusimmed now!

The main advantage of Accusim is in the engine management. The aircraft suffers damage (sometimes very quickly) if you mishandle the engine. It makes flying much more real whether you are flying the Cub or the B.17.

Gone are the days when you could open up to full manifold/RPM and cruise for hours with no consequences. If you do this in, say, the B.17, you will last for about 5 minutes before things begin to break. Once they have broken, the aircraft will stay that way, even in susequent flights, until fixed.

Well, it looks really GREAT if you fly alone. Not so great if someone is putting lead over your plane, but it worths a try.

Gone are the days when you could open up to full manifold/RPM and cruise for hours with no consequences. If you do this in, say, the B.17, you will last for about 5 minutes before things begin to break.

Haha, I do that all the time in PF. Run it to 110% Power with WEP on and the cowl flaps open. :D

Also,

I'm just waiting for the Spitfire to be Accusimmed now!

That would be interesting.

I'd love to see the B-24 Liberator made into an Add On. My favorite heavy bomber of the war.

I think this ACCU SIM only works for FSX at the moment. But I could be wrong.

That is correct. Only FSX for Accusim.

And there is NO combat. The B17 will drop bombs but that is it. I fly PRU misssions in A2A Spitfire and cruise around in teh B17 (still learning to fly it). I have the Cub and the P47 as well but don't often fly either.

As a RL pilot, I guess I have a different view of "easy lone flights, no combat" to most sim fans. The challenge of DR navigation, timing, engine management, fuel management, keeping the aircraft in good order by correct technique etc are more than enough for me. I don't often do any of these things in RL (apart from engine management and technique) because my flying is almost exclusively aerobatics. But true...if you are just going to go up and fly around fro an hour, it gets pretty boring. FSX really needs to be used for real world tasks to become interesting. I can assure you that flying into a short Papua New Guinean strip at altitude in 7/8 cloud and pouring rain with windshear and bird hazard is enough to make even the most hardened "combat" veteran sweat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back