Aces

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't remember losing any land because of losing in air power...British soil in the Pacific was lost to land forces...plus the pilots in the Pacific weren't the same as in Europe...AND...the planes sent out to the Pacific (as the equipment) was low standard because Britain didn't really care. If Spitfires were sent out the Japs would have been beaten out of the air...

Easy fellows all in fun . . . :lol: see?

My point was that the Japanese were not the first opponents the British faced during the war and yet they still had serious trouble with them. And it's not as if the American fighters deployed in the Pacific were top-notch either.

Of course the first real success against the Japense was the AVG flying P-40s in China. They were totally outclassed in maneuverability but they used slashin, diving attacks to decimate the Japanese . . . now where have I heard that before? :lol:

Lanc, I am British. I was refering to the British not losing any land.
The Americans did lose land because of air power, Wake Island anyone?

Wake wasn't lost due to airpower. It was lost because there were a couple hundred Marines with no support left to face a few thousand Japanese.

No, Wake Island was lost because the four Wildcats that were left got shot out of the air. If they were still there it would have been able to carry on, so, it lost to air power.

You can only make that claim if you are going to say that Four Wildcats would have kept the Japanese at bay. But even if you are right, that would be Wake falling because of a LACK of airpower rather than because of it.

I meant it lost to enemy air power...

Yes, I know. I'm not saying that America was poor because they lost it, I'm just saying they did. Those Wildcat pilots were very brave men.

They still lost to enemy air power though.

No, I just said that Britain didn't lose anywhere to air power, the Americans did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back