Aces (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Though i don't remember how we got on this topic - this is a thread about Aces!! :lol: :lol:

Neither, He was actually flying a Bristol Bulldog Biplane fighter when he crashed and lost his legs - he was showing off doing areobatics in a plane he wasn't experienced in and it went horribly wrong - his legs were so mangled in the crash he had to have them cut off - but the doctors thought he would die - but he didn't. Tough cookie

This is a Bristol Bulldog - they have one at RAF Hendon

http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/aircraft_images/main_images/bulldogmkiia.jpg

well i think that you have hit the nail on the head thier mate...I totally agree. Its agood thoery and one that perhaps we all need to have a look at more closely.

bronzewhaler82 said:
Yeah the Russians did suffer alot of defeats in the air but all that stuff about Germans focusing on kills and the allies in teamwork??! i will admit that the Germans had good pilots but i think it had more to do with them being ruthless b******* and having excellent planes - the planes are more responsible for the kills rather than the pilots (i'm not saying these pilots were bad i'm just saying that if you put the most fantastic pilot in the world in a crap plane hes gonna get shot down!)

If you ask me it was the planes - not the pilots - that were the real aces. After all, the Poles were brilliant Spitfire pilots but in their own outdated planes the Germans murdered them

Neither, He was actually flying a Bristol Bulldog Biplane fighter when he crashed and lost his legs - he was showing off doing areobatics in a plane he wasn't experienced in and it went horribly wrong - his legs were so mangled in the crash he had to have them cut off - but the doctors thought he would die - but he didn't. Tough cookie

This is a Bristol Bulldog - they have one at RAF Hendon

http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/aircraft_images/main_images/bulldogmkiia.jpg

well they all begin with "B", easy mistake to make :lol:

GermansRGeniuses said:
no not really actually if the japes hadnt jumped the gun on their conquests it would have taken if you guys (yes all the commonwealth antions included) to beat hitler if you ever did

Well heres a painful one for you...during WW1 the Japanese fought WITH us against the Germans, they were our allies and yet during WW2 they fought with the Germans...know why? i only found this out myself recently but it was because the AMERICANS were interfering AGAIN in the affairs of other countries - in the late 1930s Japan was involved in border skirmishes with China and even though England supplied the Chinese with aircraft that thr Chinese gov payed us for the Americans went further and even troops were involved - the Japanese got pissed and so provoked them into launching the attacks i.e pearl harbour - the Japs only formed an alliance with the Germans because they couldn't fight the strength of the states on their own...plus Germany declared war on the states anyway....so if i was planning to wind up some americans (heaven forbid) i might go as far as to say i have very little doubt that the Japs would've settled on our side and fought the Germans again if it hadn't been for your friend and mine - yes you guessed it AMERICA! :fist: #-o

well i must say that it makes interesting reading...Knowing you as i do...i will have to take your word for it but it is something i will have to learn more about. I think that you have made tyour points to all the self rightousness septics (septic tank, wank, yank: cockney slang)!

The Japanese, Germans, and Italians made an alliance before Pearl Harbour. The US declared war on Japan, so the Germans and Italians were only living up to the terms of their alliance with Japan by declaring war on the US I believe.

Beaufighters are cool, great for anti-shipping strikes :)

I don't know about that but i have been told the reason the Japanese fought agsint us was because of the states involvement in the war with China - besides when the Japs attacked Pearl harbour it was really a seperate thing from WW2 - they only became part of the war after the Germans declared war on the yanks - the Japanese could've easily taken their frustration out on Australia if they wanted but they went for America instead - some might argue thats cos it was a jucier target but the real reason was that they were pissed at the US for sticking their oar in the war with China.

Yep - very typical, they haven't changed a bit since their old and distinguished country first began all of about 200 years ago ;)

I was quite amazed to hear that in order for an Allied pilot (it might be the same for the Axis but i don't know) to become known as an 'Ace' he only had to shoot down 5 aircraft...i know shooting down 5 aircraft is no easy thing to do....unless they're Italian aircraft or something (sorry C.C, just a cheap joke :lol: )
but it just doesn't seem that many...i shouldn't say 'he' really - there were alot of very good female pilots in the Russian airforce during WW2 (my god they must have been desperate - that explains why the Russians planes were built so tough they oculd ram other planes :lol: )

i said it once and ill say it again i DONT care about the U.S. ! a bit but not much cuz if i did id prolly be pissed at you guys but no! i get this from me mum btw... she hates america (kinda)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back