Aichi M6A1-K Nanzan 1/72 - Tamiya

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

copcheck

Airman 1st Class
Mar 25, 2011
Clinton Township, MI
First addition in awhile and my first Tamiya kit.

Overall I enjoyed the kit and the quality seemed very good, however I was not impressed with the fit of the canopy and could not figure out how to get it to fit properly.

Also, I was disappointed that the tail decal clouded up on me and the left wing had a bit of silvering even though I used Klear prior to setting the decals.

This was also my first attempt at painting decals and placing them on the canopy rather than paint. Overall I like the outcome although my lines are thicker than they should be and I need to figure out how to get the finish coat to match the plane finish coat which is satin.

Cheers,

Jon

Attachments

• Jap 1.jpg
    Jap 1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Jap 2.jpg
    Jap 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 179
  • Jap 4.jpg
    Jap 4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 154
This was also my first attempt at painting decals and placing them on the canopy rather than paint. Overall I like the outcome although my lines are thicker than they should be and I need to figure out how to get the finish coat to match the plane finish coat which is satin.

Can you explain that one for me? "Painting decals... on the canopy" I'm not sure what you mean.

Thank you all.

Matt,

I used some left over clear decal film and painted it the color of the fuselage and then once dry I cut it into small strips and dipped it in Klear to adhere to the canopy. ONce I got the lines on I dipped the entire canopy again. I'm trying to figure out the best method (for me) to get accurate and clean lines on my canopy frames. I know many people mask, while others freehand with a brush; I've tried both and felt it was time to give this method a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back