Air Venture 2024

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I spent a week there and still missed so many aircraft. Great thread so far!

Jeff
Thanks guys,

Jeff we only did 4 days this year but added a few new tools that we did not have before. I added the Air Venture text message schedule to my phone but it was very sporadic. Biggest thing that helped was I bought a for 30 bucks on Amazon so we could listen to the tower. At least for the surprise visitors. We never programed in the Airshow frequency in though we may still. We programed in the two main runways and switched back and forth through the day.

Helped out allot once you find the frequency you needed and figured out what they where saying. Stuff like jets they would just say fast mover coming in and requesting fly by. Some where approved and some not.

The other thing we bought that helped out was this back pack. I carried the normal one and my son carried this one. Defiantly helped. Hardest part was finding the right amount to carry without busting your butt. First day we carried to much but after that figured it out.

I will see if I can get some more pictures up after work today

thanks Paul

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Great stuff Paul.

Might be an idea to get one of those folding camping trolleys. I've seen many at air shows and on campsites, originally designed for use in the garden, they're ideal for carrying all you need at a show - seats, sun shade, camera bags, chairs, booze etc, and collapse for easy storage in your car or at home.
UK prices range from around £30 to £70, so probably less in the USA.
I don't have one, as I use my mobility scooter at shows, with a pack over the back of the seat, and I also have a Karl !!

Thanks Terry and have thought about doing that. Maybe for,next year. We usually don't take chairs as we stand while we shoot but the older I get the harder it is and well may add that as well.

Many thanks Terry

Paul

I have been using one of these for quite a few years now and they are great. Collapsable chairs are easily carried along with camera gear, coolers and anything else within reason. I find bungy cords are helpful to secure your load. They now come with larger sized wheels as well which are great for uneven grass areas at many of the airports and certainly at Oshkosh. Widely available at department stores or sporting stores.

Age has a way of tempering masculinity!

Cheers

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread