Aircraft Engine History

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

twoeagles

Senior Airman
Oct 18, 2006
Chambersburg
I'm a new and very raw member here, so forgive me if I am giving you old info. One source of amazing information on aircraft engines is the Aircraft Engine Historical Society AEHS Home which I joined a year ago and have been blown away by the exceptionally high quality of the website and the journal, Torque Meter. It's non-profit, and if you love engines, it is worth a little bit of time.

Now for a question - I am still having trouble visualizing the motion and relationship between sleeve and piston in sleeve valve engines. I have read many good explanations, but I still can't get my head wrapped around it. Are there any on line simulations of the motion? Maybe I need to find a run-out Centaurus and just take it apart!!!

I'm a new and very raw member here, so forgive me if I am giving you old info. One source of amazing information on aircraft engines is the Aircraft Engine Historical Society AEHS Home which I joined a year ago and have been blown away by the exceptionally high quality of the website and the journal, Torque Meter. It's non-profit, and if you love engines, it is worth a little bit of time.

Now for a question - I am still having trouble visualizing the motion and relationship between sleeve and piston in sleeve valve engines. I have read many good explanations, but I still can't get my head wrapped around it. Are there any on line simulations of the motion? Maybe I need to find a run-out Centaurus and just take it apart!!!

Very cool site. Never seen this one before either

Micdrow :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back