Aircraft factories help

Katlarue

Recruit
3
0
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
I'm a newby not versed on this topic so please bare with me. I am a genealogist starting a book on my family lines. My grandmother worked in an aircraft factory nor near Hanford, Kings County, California in 1943 44. Do any of you knowledged members know about plants in this area or have any ideas how I could find such info? So far this forum is my best lead. Thank you for any help you can offer.
 
I don't know of any aircraft factories in Hanford, CA, but there was a site in Hanford Washington that was part of the Manhattan Project (they assembled radioactive parts for the A-bomb and worked with plutonium).
 
vikingBerserker good idea, tied to my bed right now but will follow that lead when I can. Thanks.

evanglider yes I have come across that one but not where my grandma worked. Thanks though.
 
I didnt find the town on this list, but thought it may help

A Table of U.S. Airplane Factories in WW2 - Grumman, Curtiss-Wright, Bell, etc.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back