Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

at full combat spec.??

even if it is advanced, 2x the engines for an extra 100hp will not push it over 500mph, i mean that's the weight of two engines and the extra fuel........

- The engines are made from magnesium i believe and are very light.

- The contra-rotating props give about 15% more efficiency than a single propellor. So 2x450*1.15=1035hp.

- The tail area is negligible. There are no bulky radiators.

- Forward swept wings give more streamlining. ( c. 5-8degrees)

- Short span cuts down drag, but lessens maneuverability.

I have a rough spreadsheet for building your own aircraft on excel. On this the estimated top speed is about 530mph@sea level.

Lanc, does your cornish pasty have carrots?

Engine ( Values given are for 1 engine ) :
Type : T50 B1
Power : 400 (450) hp 500 hp
Revolutions : 4500 rpm ( 4700 )
Weight : 220 kg
Number of cylinders : 8 8
Firing sequence : 1 - 6 - 2 - 5 - 8 - 3 - 7 - 4
Capacity : 4700 cm3
Engine Block : aluminium
Lubrication : under pressure with dry casing
Cooling : with water in 1 radiator doubles half for each engine
Accessories: magnesium
Supercharger: 1 Roots compressor
Distribution: 2 camshafts at the head

From that French site. Aluminum engine block, magnesium other bits. This is what happens when you work from memory.

The engines in the Model 100 are not "simple" T50B engines! The T50B was too heavy, the aluminium block had to be redesigned and recast in magnesium. Also a special, leightweight, Roots supercharger was fitted. In the picture the engines can be seen, in the plane.

Source
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/morlock68/bugatti.htm

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
I think the aircraft is beuatiful. I really wonder how she would have panned out as a fighter.

Pretty good I think. Obviously performance would have deteriorated with added guns etc but it would be among the elite.

Try this one....

Attachments

• 1_965.jpg
    1_965.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,169
Leduc 0.21

As an aside, you may not want to post an image directly from another website... especially when the filename of the image includes the name of the airplane... ;)

Fade to Black...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back