Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is Tempest Mk.III more known as Hawker F.2/43.The last of the Tempest line that led to the RNAF SeaFury and RAF Fury.The first flight in September of 1944.The aircraft was powered by a Griffon engine.

Bingo?

I would say Martin Baker 5, but as there just was another MB, I'm not sure... yes it's the MB5

No it isn't because where is the couterrotating prop... no, it's a Hawker Fury

What did I say? I agree with V2's opinion but Red Admiral doesn't confirme it.A book about Typhoon/Tempest doesn't lie, I think.Besides I've had the same photo.

Thanks guys, I looked at a Ju-87 first and then went through all of my pics of German Aircraft and I finally got it in my Junkers file and thought I will post it and try my luck.

I looked at the wings, propellers and the position of the guns on the aircraft to see what kind of aircraft it may be.

I have German aircraft pics not British, I wish I did to be able to guess this one. l

Henk

both websites concerning that british plane are correct in that it's LA610, technically she started as a Tempest, but was then re-designated a Fury Prototype, i still considder her a tempest however............

It is LA610 but with a Sabre VII engine not Griffin. Halfway Tempest/Fury but the wing radiators mean more Fury.

There is a photo with a short description I've found.

source unknown.

Attachments

• Tempest MkIII.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 150
Yes Lanc,I agree with you entirely.Byt the problem is that Red Admiral doesn't agree with my answer I've posted erlier.

Users who are viewing this thread