AIRCRAFT PROPELLER IDENTITY. (HELP!!)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mar 5, 2013
Hello world of ww2 aircraft!

recently i have come into contact with these two beautiful chromed stand alone propellers (pictured below)
i have been told they have come of a Lancaster Bomber, however they seem to be the wrong size and shape...

in order for me to sell them i desperately need to know what they might have come from, the serial numbers stamped on them are as follows:

1) AMS 4130 AL1933 RF1017 A.O 104 D FA 15359 714 300 MOD 8
2) 1017.0.104 RSSAJ RF 714 300 TFNIL D46970A

can anyone help??

any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

cheers,

Hamilton

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Any dimensions? Difficult to tell, just taking a scale from the window and carpet, but they look too small for a Lanc (if they were Lanc props, then they're the later 'paddle blade' type, chromed at a later date).

i apologise for my late reply on this. the dimensions are as follows:
122cm high and 19.5cm at the widest point.

hope that helps.

Kind regards

I don't have the exact info to hand, but at approximately 4 feet x 8 inches, they're rather small for Lanc prop blades. The chord shape also doesn't seem to match even the later, 'paddle' blade props.
Hopefully some one here might be able to identify the type by the stamp numbers, but they appear to be from a smaller, more modern aircraft.

Hopefully someone might chip in. I must say though, that going off the size and shape, there's a good chance they're from something sizeable, perhaps something like a DC-3/C-47, or maybe B-25. The blade shape is familiar, but then there were many aircraft using the same or similar props, so it's the stampings which might narrow things down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back