AIRFIX 1:48 P-40 - AS ODDBALL AS IT GETS (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks good George but what a shame we hide so much detail when closing up, there is some great modelling within the side walls of these machines. :D

Thanks all. Unnecessary bondage, just for cool looks

IMG_2236.JPG

Still can't find those two dots. Cleaned the viewing screen and mirror and could see nothing on the shutter

Looks good George but what a shame we hide so much detail when closing up, there is some great modelling within the side walls of these machines.
A friend of mine worked in C-135 engineering at Tinker AFB. I gave him an AMT 1/72 KC-135 to build with his kids. He had little experience in building models, but with his usual meticulous attention to detail he examined the instructions and found the kit required two different White paints, gloss for the top of the airplane and flat white for the toilet paper in the bathroom.

I replied, "Jim, can you see the toilet paper in the bathroom when the kit is assembled?"

He said, "No, I guess not." Note that the window for the bathroom is maybe 1/8 inch square.

So I replied, "Then I would not worry about the flat white paint."

Did someone mention a "toilet roll"........................................................................ 😂

Page 280
Page 325

Last one before I return to the GB. I had to beat this part in with a sledge hammer

IMG_2247.JPG

I have since read that it is probably easier if one attaches the part to one fuselage half before joining them. The part has yet to be glued. M MIflyer If you look closely at the right wing root you can see that Airfix kindly added a small dent to make it easy to drill out which I probably wouldn't have without your photos :thumbright:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back