AIRFIX 1:48 P-40 - AS ODDBALL AS IT GETS (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, I assumed that was what it was for.

When they recreated the Bee Bee Z, in as much faithful detail as possible. They noted the pilot tended to get rather woozy. Right in front of his face, in the middle of the instrument panel, was a thing that looked like a radio speaker but was fresh air from outside. And in their faithful replica they had put the air intake tube right behind the engine exhaust. They moved it and the pilot quit feeling woozy. They asked some of the original pilots and crewmen if the pilots got woozy and they said, "Yes, as a matter of fact; they did."

What a good job Geo, I will be waiting for the follow-up.
Interesting information that is generated in this thread. Always the assembly process, images, documents and information; are important for future reference.

Congratulations and a big hug amigo.

Luis Carlos :thumbup:

Waiting for GB paint to dry. Wheel well inserts need to be added. Note I skipped a step ahead. Wing fillets need to be added first, then lower wing and then two upper wing halves. A test fit of the left fillet shows a very good fit as long as the sprue attachment points have been totally removed. Note also Humbrol colour call outs but colours aren't mention in the instructions

IMG_2306.JPG

Some nice detail

IMG_2307.JPG

Yes, Airfix only use there numbers for paint and only show them as you move through the instructions. Bit of a pain really especially if your not a Humbrol user. :D

Looking like an airplane now

IMG_2337.JPG

Wing fillets fit like a glove. Some builders had a problem here.

850.jpg

T'other side.

IMG_2339.JPG

Everyone's problem area. No panel here so easy mudding.

IMG_2340.JPG

One insert done and gun barrel hollowed out

IMG_2341.JPG

A test fit of the upper wing halves show gaps at the front as others have mentioned. Two more gap areas to watch for later unless I'm the only one to get lucky, are the landing gear "knuckles" on the wing leading edges and the area that the propeller blades exit the spinner/back plate join

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back