Airfix FW 190 A 1/24

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

magnu

Staff Sergeant
Dec 11, 2007
Cornwall
Anyone know anything about this one, quality, amount of detail ETC ?
Was in model rail shop earlier and saw one for £50.00 and was quite tempted

I have built one not a bad kit at all.The areas I had problems with was the engine it coulda been me but seems I have from some others the same(protudes a mm or 2) and LG being on the weak side other than that a fun build OOB.Cheers Kevin

When first released around 38 years ago, this kit stunned the modelling world. By today's standards, it's still good, although the mouldings might be showing their age in places. At the current selling price, it's more than twenty times the cost of when first released but, considering the rise in kit prices, and what another certain manufacturer would charge for a similar kit, it's worth it, and can build into a real beauty.

Cheers Terry I will be saving this until I have got some more experience under my belt, but by the looks of things it will be worth the wait
Aircraft021.jpg
[/IMG]
Aircraft020.jpg
[/IMG]
Aircraft023.jpg
[/IMG]
Aircraft022.jpg
[/IMG]

I bought that kit a few years ago, but upon opening it I discovered it had a destroyed windscreen and was told that it would be impossible to get a new piece so I got the Bf 109E instead, hated that kit haha. The Fw 190 looks a lot better though, enjoy!

As far as I remember Wojtek, the only issues were the slight fit problem with the engine assembly and a possible slight shallow area around the tail, where it meets the fin. The first is easily correctable, and the second can't be noticed, unless held against a scale plan, that is ! With careful assembly and painting, it can turn out a real stunner, especially if some extra detailing is added. Sadly, mine spun-in off the top of a shelf whilst preparing to move house, quickly followed by a 1/32nd scale Mosquito conversion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back