Airfix, Heller, Italeri....Junkers Ju 52?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Just curious, I built the Italeri one many blue moons ago, how do the compare to each other?

IMG_20211014_084344.jpg

IMG_20211014_084418.jpg

IMG_20211014_084510.jpg

Source: Internet

Certainly, the obvious difference is the box and the art on the top and also the decals that were changed a couple of times till today. Also there can be a minor difference in sprues that depends on the Ju-52 variant. But basicly, these are the same you posted above. So.. you can compare them. IMHO the best one is the Heller and the second place goes to the Italeri kit. The Heller model looks nice ( good quality) and gives more possibilities for scartch-building of a couple of different kites while the Italeri series gives a good selection of Ju-52 variants almost without scratch-buildning or correction. The disadvantage of the Heller kit is that you may make a land version only. No floats included. The worst one seems to be the Airfix kit. Not only because it looks like being of quite poor quality. As a result it will require a lot of work with fitting, sanding, etc .... But also its price is a little bit too high for a such model (at least here in Poland) . The only advantage of the kit is that you may assemble either the land variant or the naval one. In other words that's very old model for very, very patient and skilled modellers. Just my opinion.

Airfix kit ... Airfix 05008 German hydro-plane Junkers Ju52-3M

Heller kit .... Heller 80380 Junkers JU 52

Italeri kit ... Italeri 1265 Junkers Ju 52 'Toucan'

Here is an example of the difference in sprues for the Italeri kits ... basicly all sprues are the same except the sprue no.3 ... as you may notice the difference is the left part of the sprue.

the Italeri 0126 - Minesweeper
it_0126_Minesweeper.jpg

the Italeri 0150 - Tante You
it_0150_ Tante Ju.jpg

the Italeri 1265 - Toucan
it_1265_Toucan.jpg

the Italeri 1339 - See
it_1339 _See.jpg

BTW .. the Italeri kits can be also bought under the Revell name. And the Heller one is offered by the Kovozávody Prostějov firm now.

Here a nice site with Ju-52 builds .. Aircrafts

Only ever got the Airfix kit and that was early seventies. It had the float option nd that was what I went with. As I remember it went together fairly easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back