Airplane in Old Navy Commercial?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's the image in question:
Old Navy.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2459.JPG
    IMG_2459.JPG
    369.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2483.JPG
    IMG_2483.JPG
    381.8 KB · Views: 56
  • V93S.JPG
    V93S.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 55
Not a Gladiator as the cabane struts are wrong and no guns in the upper wing. That said I don't know what it is.
If you looks close, the wings are quite thin. Not only that, the prop is fully off center, set a bit close to the top of the cowl, obvious CGI, but as to the bird itself, either a model or an archive photo of something experimental. Those are some strange looking struts, and I never heard of a pair of machine guns(.30 cal?) placed like that, one on either side of the trailing edge center section cutout, Except for the guns, I'd almost hazard a guess that it's a Nieuport(don't crucify me, please)

If you looks close, the wings are quite thin. Not only that, the prop is fully off center, set a bit close to the top of the cowl, obvious CGI, but as to the bird itself, either a model or an archive photo of something experimental. Those are some strange looking struts, and I never heard of a pair of machine guns(.30 cal?) placed like that, one on either side of the trailing edge center section cutout, Except for the guns, I'd almost hazard a guess that it's a Nieuport(don't crucify me, please)

Umm.....maybe read the rest of the thread?

I have seen that Corsair lots of times in the RTAF Museum at Don Muang Airport, Bangkok but I never noticed the guns in the upper wing before.... duh! I believe this is the last remaining example of the Corsair.
I haven't been to Don Muang since they opened Suvarniphum (I can say it. Can't spell it.). I don't remember seeing that airplane. Where in the airport is it?

I haven't been to Don Muang since they opened Suvarniphum (I can say it. Can't spell it.). I don't remember seeing that airplane. Where in the airport is it?
The RTAF Museum is on the opposite side of the airfield to the International Airport at the RTAF base, quite easy to find if you take a taxi north along Phahoyotin Road, it is a long straight road, the museum is at the top (north) end on the left. It is well worth the visit, some rare aircraft there, well maintained and usually not very busy. Some sample photos attached.

Attachments

• Boeing P12E_01.JPG
    Boeing P12E_01.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 49
  • HAWKIII.JPG
    HAWKIII.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0855.JPG
    IMG_0855.JPG
    300 KB · Views: 43
  • Tachikawa Ki36 Ida_03.JPG
    Tachikawa Ki36 Ida_03.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2480.JPG
    IMG_2480.JPG
    422.3 KB · Views: 43
  • PICT0750.JPG
    PICT0750.JPG
    638 KB · Views: 39
The RTAF Museum is on the opposite side of the airfield to the International Airport at the RTAF base, quite easy to find if you take a taxi north along Phahoyotin Road, it is a long straight road, the museum is at the top (north) end on the left. It is well worth the visit, some rare aircraft there, well maintained and usually not very busy. Some sample photos attached.
Kawp Kuhn maak maak krahp.

As I am stuck in Melbourne on stage 4 lockdown and limited to 5km of my home, I miss getting to see my friends in Thailand... I needed to keep in practice.
Hen duai krahp. (I agree). I enjoy speaking Thai but the transliteration is murder.
I'm sure my wife and I could get there but being able to leave the airport or even return home is in doubt. However I might be able to spend a lot of time looking at that Corsair.

Hen duai krahp. (I agree). I enjoy speaking Thai but the transliteration is murder.
I'm sure my wife and I could get there but being able to leave the airport or even return home is in doubt. However I might be able to spend a lot of time looking at that Corsair.

Yes, I enjoy speaking Thai too but I am no good at the tones, either hearing them or speaking them but I can usually muddle through. I have never been able to get the hang of the written language.

A trip to the museum is well worth it, they don't seem to get a lot of visitors and the last time I was there the Colonel in charge even showed me around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back