Alerts Drop-Down issue.

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
30,526
26,856
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Location
Redding, California
Website
www.netallurgy.com
Sorry to be a pain in the rear, but here's something else I just discovered.

The Alerts drop-down doesn't scroll like it used to, but instead, the page itself scrolls behind it as it remains anchored to the horizontal menu.

So if I reveive more than a few alerts, I cannot scroll through it or select the "view all" option.

In my screen shot where it does show the bottom, I had to turn the ipad from landscape to portrait, and physically hold the menu with my thumb to keep it from movig, so I could get the shot. As soon as I let go, it shot back to the top...plus, with my holding it static like that, I wouldn't have been able to click the "view all". :/

image.jpg


image.jpg
 
If you click the Alerts button again it will take you to a full page showing all alerts. I will have to look into scrolling, again could be an issue with iOS6.
 
Geo, was your Alerts list able to scroll, or was it static with the page scrolling behind it?
 
I don't recall Dave. This is what I saw about 10 minutes ago and I can scroll through the drop-down...

1539559838743.png

​
What did change as well, in the way back when, as in yesterday, I could hover my mouse arrow over the Alerts and the drop box would open. Now I need to click on it, something I prefer compared to the olden days
 
Right the lack of hover over is because the styles are built for mobile first. That means no hover, you can't hover on a touch screen. Sadly you now have to click to get menus activated.

On a positive note, there should be live update of alerts and threads/posts enabled. Let me know if they look to work.
 
Geo, was your Alerts list able to scroll, or was it static with the page scrolling behind it?
I can scroll on my iphone and ipad but only when I scroll (drag my finger) in the alert box itself.
GrauGeist GrauGeist If you drag your finger up/down on the alert list does it scroll or the whole page?
 
No problems...if my fossil is incompatible, so be it.

As for clicking the alert tab, it opens the drop-down, but doesn't take me to the alerts page - however, if I hold down on the alerts tab, I can open the page that way.

Adapt and overcome! :lol:
 
1539565445782.png
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back