All aircraft and stories

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i would be fascinated but seen as im too lazy to see what im supposed to be fascinated about im not fascinated, therefore you have a fascination of my fascination that im not fascinated 8)

cheddar cheese said:
i would be fascinated but seen as im too lazy to see what im supposed to be fascinated about im not fascinated, therefore you have a fascination of my fascination that im not fascinated 8)

Whoa...that gave me a headache :lol:

Do not worry your little head mein Reichfuhrer!

Kiwimac is STILL Fuhrer!

I have cunningly being laying low!

Now I think a GREAT idea for a film might be Rudel his AMAZING successes flying that wondermachine, the JU 87. Or perhaps Erich Hartmann, the highest scoring fighter-pilot of all time (so far!)

FVS Kiwimac

Hans Marseille would make a great movie, or Buzz (never Screwball) Beurling. Marmaduke Pattle too, or if you need a Yank, how about "Wheaties" Welch--Pearl Harbour right to the end , only to die in an F-100 test.

Now I think a GREAT idea for a film might be Rudel his AMAZING successes flying that wondermachine, the JU 87.

wouldnt be very long, 5 mins in to the film it would get either shot down or it would just fall apart and the film would be ended!

kiwimac said:
Now I think a GREAT idea for a film might be Rudel his AMAZING successes flying that wondermachine, the JU 87. Or perhaps Erich Hartmann, the highest scoring fighter-pilot of all time (so far!)

oh god will you give it a rest about that guy....its like you are married to him or something :sex:

and the only reason the Ju87 was a 'Wondermachine' was because it was a wonder it ever managed to get into the air and fly a mission without being shot down..i bet this rudel fellow took off in his Ju87 and landed at a secret airfield a few miles outside of his base - got into a Ju88 with a crew and flew the mission then swapped back planes before he returned to base... 8)

i bet this rudel fellow took off in his Ju87 and landed at a secret airfield a few miles outside of his base - got into a Ju88 with a crew and flew the mission then swapped back planes before he returned to base...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh god will you give it a rest about that guy....its like you are married to him or something

dont give him ideas :|

I must say though i think the story of the Swordfish attacking Taranto bay in Italy and sinking all those Italian warships would make a great film 8)

Adrian Warburton was on leave when he flew over Germany and dissapeared on the 12 of April, 1944. I am unsure whether or not this mystery has been solved, so Andrew, Please enlighten us with a tad more details.

Adrian was posted to a USAF Photo Recon Sqaudron as a liaison officer , this as you can imagine is a noncom posting , he was on sick leave at the time but apparently insisted on being posted somewhere , he was then talked into going on a photo recon mission over Germany , where the aircraft he was flying got shot down and crashed and he died in the wrekage .

There was a programme on TV a couple of months ago which covered a part of his service in RAF , and this programme interviewd a couple of people who were trying to find out what happened to him . these 2 people evenually turned up at a Village in Germany, where there were eye witness reports of a P38 Lightening crashing into a field in flames , this apparently happend the day he disapeard , a certain area of the field was dug up and they came across the remains of a P38 and a human skeleton , the skeletal remains were dug up and were buried in a War Cemetry with full Millitary Honours and a Headstone with Adrian's Name was made .

There were apparently only 2 Photo Recon Missions that day by the USAF , and the other pilot returned safetly

:( :( :( :(

Oh god thats a bloody horrible story! that poor bastard probably died in flames in terrible agony on his own :( - that would make a terrible film! (unless you like the depressing sort) hollywood would probably cheer it up a bit anyway and give it a nice happy ending...can't think of one off the top of my head :rolleyes:

Well Memphis Belle was an ejoyable movie and the 'Mother and Country' going down plus the many others made the movie more entertaining, so, I suppose that would be the reason.

Anyway, they had a movie based on Lancasters...'Dambusters' anybody? I liked that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back