All aircraft and stories

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i would be fascinated but seen as im too lazy to see what im supposed to be fascinated about im not fascinated, therefore you have a fascination of my fascination that im not fascinated 8)

cheddar cheese said:
i would be fascinated but seen as im too lazy to see what im supposed to be fascinated about im not fascinated, therefore you have a fascination of my fascination that im not fascinated 8)

Whoa...that gave me a headache

Do not worry your little head mein Reichfuhrer!

Kiwimac is STILL Fuhrer!

I have cunningly being laying low!

Now I think a GREAT idea for a film might be Rudel his AMAZING successes flying that wondermachine, the JU 87. Or perhaps Erich Hartmann, the highest scoring fighter-pilot of all time (so far!)

FVS Kiwimac

Hans Marseille would make a great movie, or Buzz (never Screwball) Beurling. Marmaduke Pattle too, or if you need a Yank, how about "Wheaties" Welch--Pearl Harbour right to the end , only to die in an F-100 test.

Now I think a GREAT idea for a film might be Rudel his AMAZING successes flying that wondermachine, the JU 87.

wouldnt be very long, 5 mins in to the film it would get either shot down or it would just fall apart and the film would be ended!

kiwimac said:
Now I think a GREAT idea for a film might be Rudel his AMAZING successes flying that wondermachine, the JU 87. Or perhaps Erich Hartmann, the highest scoring fighter-pilot of all time (so far!)

oh god will you give it a rest about that guy....its like you are married to him or something

and the only reason the Ju87 was a 'Wondermachine' was because it was a wonder it ever managed to get into the air and fly a mission without being shot down..i bet this rudel fellow took off in his Ju87 and landed at a secret airfield a few miles outside of his base - got into a Ju88 with a crew and flew the mission then swapped back planes before he returned to base... 8)

i bet this rudel fellow took off in his Ju87 and landed at a secret airfield a few miles outside of his base - got into a Ju88 with a crew and flew the mission then swapped back planes before he returned to base...

oh god will you give it a rest about that guy....its like you are married to him or something

dont give him ideas

I must say though i think the story of the Swordfish attacking Taranto bay in Italy and sinking all those Italian warships would make a great film 8)

Adrian Warburton was on leave when he flew over Germany and dissapeared on the 12 of April, 1944. I am unsure whether or not this mystery has been solved, so Andrew, Please enlighten us with a tad more details.

Adrian was posted to a USAF Photo Recon Sqaudron as a liaison officer , this as you can imagine is a noncom posting , he was on sick leave at the time but apparently insisted on being posted somewhere , he was then talked into going on a photo recon mission over Germany , where the aircraft he was flying got shot down and crashed and he died in the wrekage .

There was a programme on TV a couple of months ago which covered a part of his service in RAF , and this programme interviewd a couple of people who were trying to find out what happened to him . these 2 people evenually turned up at a Village in Germany, where there were eye witness reports of a P38 Lightening crashing into a field in flames , this apparently happend the day he disapeard , a certain area of the field was dug up and they came across the remains of a P38 and a human skeleton , the skeletal remains were dug up and were buried in a War Cemetry with full Millitary Honours and a Headstone with Adrian's Name was made .

There were apparently only 2 Photo Recon Missions that day by the USAF , and the other pilot returned safetly

Oh god thats a bloody horrible story! that poor bastard probably died in flames in terrible agony on his own - that would make a terrible film! (unless you like the depressing sort) hollywood would probably cheer it up a bit anyway and give it a nice happy ending...can't think of one off the top of my head

Well Memphis Belle was an ejoyable movie and the 'Mother and Country' going down plus the many others made the movie more entertaining, so, I suppose that would be the reason.

Anyway, they had a movie based on Lancasters...'Dambusters' anybody? I liked that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread