All Blacks?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
No, no, no.....not the New Zealand rugby team...!

Anyhoo, this lovely wee bird has got me wondering, regarding all black '109's (and '190's), how many were there, not gonna get my hopes up for an all black '13', or....hmmmm....naaaah....I seem to remember a 'Green 7' as well, as I said we're there others?

I've got the decals for this one in 1/48 and it's probably less of a pain in the t*ts, to find a G-14 in that scale than in 1/32, that is, if you can these decals in that scale...

:lol:

2_107_zpsqqujnwp6.jpg

There was a single Hungarian Air Force Bf 109E in Black, Jan, with (acccording to one source) various upper sections in Olive green. I don't remember the details offhand (especially as differnt sources contradicted each other), but will check the net.

EDIT: no joy yet, but found this:
Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6/AS by Floyd S. Werner Jr. (Revell Hobbycraft 1/48)

Found out Aeromaster released 1:48 decals on the Black Hungarian bird, but no pics yet.

Last edited:
As you may or may not know, new Yugoslav Air force used a number of Gustavs in various sub variants post war. Reportedly Miloš Milikić, a commanding officer of 83rd Aviation Regiment, had his personal Bf 109G painted all black with red lightning painted on the fuselage side. Sadly not a single photo of this aircraft surfaced so far.

That's a shame mate! :(

I've also seen this 'Green 5' mentioned as a G-6, so.....G-6 or G-14?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back