"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Actually it's a logistics problem. Also don't assume they are going hundreds of miles / km. If you have a mix of weapons at several locations, or your logistically competent, you would have a relocation plan known more than a day or two out, preposition assets (crew chiefs, weapons, tools) or just move them about routinely. I could see where all equipment, weapons, fuel, etc., is kept loaded on a transporter and only unloaded as needed. A pain in the arse, yes. Impossible, nope. They are probably using highway segments as well and therefore aren't limited to airports as shown on maps.

Of note is the Garmin portable GPS attached to the panel just below and to the right of the HUD. Same or similar set up the Germans used when we fought their MiGs.

As delivered the German MiGs had only four waypoints stored in the NAV system and wasn't easily changed. The radios only had preset channels.

Kind of hard to defect when you can't use your NAV system or talk to anyone…

Reports are coming in of a successful Russian attack on a Ukraine airfield. Ukraine has admitted that five aircraft are out of action and there are fires in the fuel area and some of the munitions dumps.

What they attacked with isn't being disclosed.

It was always going to happen sooner or later, the only surprise is that it has take Russia so long

Sounds a lot like NATO strategy in Cold War Germany.

It folds in well with the recent Russian missile strikes. It looks to me like the Russians are trying to make Ukrainian airspace safer for their own air ops, by not only this strike, but also by forcing the Ukrainians to expend many of the recently-donated modern SAM projectiles on the heavy missile attacks, in order to allow themselves recourse to airpower to fight the assumed Ukrainian counteroffensive.

But turbine engines are overhauled on cycles, not hours, and every engine start is a cycle.

In very simple terms this is because every start causes shock heating of the hot section components and every shutdown causes shock cooling. These stress the materials used which results in failures

Last edited:

I'm unsure how this addresses my point about tactics.

That is if the Ukrainians have not liberated them first

They seem pretty busy towards the east.

Ukraine has nothing to do with this - back in 2014 Putin said that anyone can buy anything in any military store. How can we not trust Putin?! For a quarter of a Century he has been spewing exclusively waterfalls of absolute truth. Just like all other Russians, by the way.

Minor nit-noid but the Su-24 is the FENCER. The FITTER was the Su-17/22. Ukraine did operate them but all were retired in 2004.
Darn it, I thought that didn't look right. Fencer it is.

Though I bet Ukraine would welcome a donation of Poland's remaining eighteen Su-22s as the FA-50s from Korea arrive.

Assuming the Polish Fitters are in operational condition? But did this donation already occur?

Last edited:

Another sources claims that there were 25 to 32 drones total.

Users who are viewing this thread