"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is reported that the NKVD team used almost 20 tons of explosives to tear a 165-meter-long breach in the dam.
Just a detail. According to the latest research, the demolition was organised by Colonel Boris Epin (representative of the General Staff, military engineer). NKVD regiment provided security at the station. Ironically, in the following chaos, Colonel Epin was detained immediately after the operation and kept for 10 days under arrest.

Love how Russia is excited that they've taken out two Leopards.

Meanwhile, 2,000 Russian tanks have been lost during Putin's Folly.

But never mind 2,000 tanks lost, they've taken out two NATO tanks!

Time to celebrate!!

Stupid dumbasses...

To your point, ISW yesterday noted:

Contrarily, much of the Russian information space prematurely claimed that the Ukrainian counteroffensive has failed after Russian forces damaged more Western-provided Ukrainian military equipment on June 9. Battlefield footage shows damaged or destroyed Western-provided infantry fighting vehicles and tanks in western Zaporizhia Oblast, though the number of Ukrainian vehicles several Russian sources claimed Russian forces destroyed are highly inflated.[8] Ukrainian forces previously lost military equipment in the same location on June 8.[9] Some prominent Russian ultranationalists claimed that damaged or destroyed Western-provided equipment indicated that Ukrainian forces failed to launch a large-scale counteroffensive.[10] Russian nationalists are widely celebrating the 58th Combined Arms Army (Southern Military District), despite Russian forces only executing basic defensive operations that should not be so unusual as to deserve wide praise. One Kremlin-affiliated milblogger claimed that Ukrainian offensive activity is in the decline, while a retired Russian general expressed gratitude to elements of the Russian 58th Combined Arms Army and proclaimed these elements as heroes despite battles continuing along different frontlines.[11] Another Russian milblogger claimed that a counteroffensive can only last up to 10 to 15 days, implying that Ukrainian counteroffensive will soon culminate.[12] However, other ultranationalists warned that Ukrainian forces have not yet carried out the main offensive and noted that Russian forces are reinforcing the second echelon in anticipation of Ukrainian breakthroughs.[13] A Wagner-affiliated milblogger condemned the excessive enthusiasm around the destruction of Ukrainian military equipment, noting that Western kit is not "some kind of magic."[14] Many Russian ultranationalists appear to be overcorrecting for their previous fears of the Ukrainian counteroffensive.[15]

[Underlined emphasis added]

It's kinda like celebrating a Super Bowl victory when all you've done is stop the opening drive. I'm of the mind that what we're seeing here, both in Zaporizhe and the eastern front around Bakhmut, is a series of probing attacks, with a central reserve ready to hit anywhere, taking advantage of interior lines.

Last edited:
The history behind this picture.

Looks like they could use some M1150 ABVs:

maxresdefault.jpg

Though, I do understand that they have some Leopard 2Rs donated from Finland:

psv8yihbmis61.jpg

A bit dated but interesting never-the-less:

Thoughts on accuracy of this? If it is a Leopard 2 this could be a magazine blowout, keeping the crew alive and perhaps the tank repairable?

View: https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1666830782533435394?s=20

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N85cRT5JWvc

Looks to have been an artillery hit:

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that NATO supplied tanks are being destroyed? While I am certain the Leopard 2s are better than the average Russian tank, they are not invincible and are not wonder weapons. Plus defensive forces that are dug in will likely tally up some significant kill numbers against advancing forces. You can only advance if you are in the open. . Its the nature of game.

To your point, ISW yesterday noted:

Contrarily, much of the Russian information space prematurely claimed that the Ukrainian counteroffensive has failed after Russian forces damaged more Western-provided Ukrainian military equipment on June 9. Battlefield footage shows damaged or destroyed Western-provided infantry fighting vehicles and tanks in western Zaporizhia Oblast, though the number of Ukrainian vehicles several Russian sources claimed Russian forces destroyed are highly inflated.[8] Ukrainian forces previously lost military equipment in the same location on June 8.[9] Some prominent Russian ultranationalists claimed that damaged or destroyed Western-provided equipment indicated that Ukrainian forces failed to launch a large-scale counteroffensive.[10] Russian nationalists are widely celebrating the 58th Combined Arms Army (Southern Military District), despite Russian forces only executing basic defensive operations that should not be so unusual as to deserve wide praise. One Kremlin-affiliated milblogger claimed that Ukrainian offensive activity is in the decline, while a retired Russian general expressed gratitude to elements of the Russian 58th Combined Arms Army and proclaimed these elements as heroes despite battles continuing along different frontlines.[11] Another Russian milblogger claimed that a counteroffensive can only last up to 10 to 15 days, implying that Ukrainian counteroffensive will soon culminate.[12] However, other ultranationalists warned that Ukrainian forces have not yet carried out the main offensive and noted that Russian forces are reinforcing the second echelon in anticipation of Ukrainian breakthroughs.[13] A Wagner-affiliated milblogger condemned the excessive enthusiasm around the destruction of Ukrainian military equipment, noting that Western kit is not "some kind of magic."[14] Many Russian ultranationalists appear to be overcorrecting for their previous fears of the Ukrainian counteroffensive.[15]

[Underlined emphasis added]

It's kinda like celebrating a Super Bowl victory when all you've done is stop the opening drive. I'm of the mind that what we're seeing here, both in Zaporizhe and the eastern front around Bakhmut, is a series of probing attacks, with a central reserve ready to hit anywhere, taking advantage of interior lines.
In regarda to the probing: I mentioned earlier that Ukraine appears to be using a mix of feinting, force recon and deliberate hard probes all across the Russian lines in order to draw them off balance, but they appear to be quiet in areas that would seem to be key objectives.

My guess is that when they unleash the actual offensive, it will hit areas that are both least expected and least defended.

They did something similar last summer using the "water principle" and I am willing to bet that they'll execute a version of it this time around, too.

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that NATO supplied tanks are being destroyed? While I am certain the Leopard 2s are better than the average Russian tank, they are not invincible and are not wonder weapons. Plus defensive forces that are dug in will likely tally up some significant kill numbers against advancing forces. You can only advance if you are in the open. . Its the nature of game.
Agree - it is a full on war. Losses are going to occur. Now what will be interesting will be the first time Russian and new Ukrainian tanks go head to head. Mind you, even then there may be losses due to the nature of war, the terrain, and a dozen other factors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back