"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Assuming their maintenance is better than NATO, about 55-60?

Could you quantify this in terms of hours? At how many total hours flying time, from first solo flight to combat readiness for a pilot? 1,000? 2,000? How much flying time?

Thanks!

Jim
Jim,

I graduated from Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT) with 195 hours. Then you will get about 15-20 more in AT-38s, then off to fighter school. I graduated F15 school with 55 hours in type, and got about 15-20 more at my gaining base to become Mission Ready (MR). Basic wingman.

2 ship Flight lead took about 300-350 hours in type, 4 ship about another 50-100, then IP shortly afterwards.

IP upgrade was only about 20 hours but took about 6-8 weeks of pain.

I didn't do it in minimum time but close and that varies by individual performance and unit needs.

That's very interesting. Thank you for answering my question. Less time than I would have thought. I would presume you would have completed a lot of simulator work on types as well as systems and munitions simulations. I will put together dad's training at different stages.

Jim

Ukrainian forces enters Robotyne, 8 pilots in Denmark for F-16 training, a russian Su-30 hitting a ukrainian high speed boat, Maj. Gen. Kyrylo Budanov, head of the ukrainian Defense Intelligence Directorate, made a threat of future Ukrainian attacks on Crimea:

Russian Gen. Sergey Surovikin, who disappeared from public view following the Wagner Group rebellion in June, was fired as commander of Russia's aerospace forces, according to Russian media reports.

Surovikin was dismissed from the post because he is transferring to another job, a Russian Defense Ministry source told Russian news site RBC.

The Russian general, who has not been seen for about two months, is "currently on a short vacation," the source said.

Gen. Viktor Afzalov, the chief of staff to the aerospace forces, has been appointed the interim commander to replace Surovikin, according to state-run media outlet RIA Novosti.

Surovikin was last seen in a video June 24 pleading for Wagner Group founder and mercenary leader Yevgeny Prigozhin to stand down.

Russian military leader fired after disappearing during Wagner rebellion: reports

The next time he hits the sidewalk won't be so figurative.

Users who are viewing this thread