"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Russians are up against a well equipped, professional military that has proven to be world class.
So were the Afghans. There's no better equipped professional military than the US one that through exhaustion of lives, money and domestic political interest fled Afghanistan as the Taliban closed in.
I do not see this war lasting more than 12 months.
Neither did Putin. This war in Ukraine will last another two years, imo.

Last edited:
Well, they expelled the US military and its allies through two decades steadfast opposition. The Afghans needn't defeat the Americans in battle, but only make the cost of continued US occupation too costly in American lives and tax money. The Ukrainians should be so lucky against the Russians, though hopefully in a quarter of the time or less.

It's still not a solid comparison, I don't think. Sure, if Russia wins militarily, a Ukrainian insurgency will likewise result in Russian defeat in a decade or two. But the Ukrainians are far better-placed to simply win militarily that the Taliban ever were.

We Americans lost in Afghanistan because we had to learn yet again we couldn't buy friends, or buy them away from their culture of corruption, and we got tired of trying -- rightfully so in my own opinion.

On the other hand, the Ukrainians have a sound and integrated military, with good gear, guided by a solid and unified leadership and doctrine, and a sense of loyalty to nation instead of tribe. It's very different.

Last edited:
So were the Afghans. There's no better equipped professional military than the US one that through exhaustion of lives, money and domestic political interest fled Afghanistan as the Taliban closed in.

There is, of course, the difference in manpower. At no point in Afghanistan did the US have 190,000 troops invading, nor did the US draft another 300,000 for its war. It's apples and oranges.

Neither did Putin. This war in Ukraine will last another two years, imo.

Perhaps. That's if Putin lasts that long. Four years compared to 20?

It's been nine years, so far…

Well, the other seven years have been on the dime of the Ukrainian puppets. Now that it's hitting the home economy ... that might have different repercussions. How many special drafts did they have before 2022? And what were the sanctions laid then? When did Russians in the street feel the pinch in 2015 or 2018?

This is a different situation. Russia is now balls-deep, Ukraine is fully-mobilized, many nations supporting the latter, many sanctions against the former. Different administrations in all the Western nations, and definitely a heightened awareness of Russian bullshittery. Sanctions throttling the Russian economy, if not to the extent Western powers wanted, still enough to reduce the ruble. How many more young men might they take out -- or chase out -- of the economy?

There's also the Putin is pretty old now thing. And there's also the loss of lustre he's suffered by being such a goddamned tomfool. You think the Russians don't see it? Russians have a lot of experience reading autocratic tea-leaves. And there's already comparisons going on to the fall of Tsar Nicholas II.

So yeah, there was eight years of war using puppet forces. But in the nearing-two-years of fighting with straight-up Russian forces, the Ukrainians have shown the world what a Potemkin army the Russians are. You wrote earlier "two years". I definitely agree.

From your link:

"I think there's still plenty of time to spend. It is pointless to talk about a specified period. If we are talking about Eastern Europe, which we will have to, of course then it will be longer," the general said.

"Ukraine is only a stepping stone?" the interviewer then asked.

"Yes, absolutely. It is only the beginning," Mordvichev responded, who went on to say that the war "will not stop here."

To quote Mike Tyson: "Everyone has a plan, until they're punched in the face."

From your link:

"I think there's still plenty of time to spend. It is pointless to talk about a specified period. If we are talking about Eastern Europe, which we will have to, of course then it will be longer," the general said.

"Ukraine is only a stepping stone?" the interviewer then asked.

"Yes, absolutely. It is only the beginning," Mordvichev responded, who went on to say that the war "will not stop here."

To quote Mike Tyson: "Everyone has a plan, until they're punched in the face."
Everything is going to plan.

Probably the only Eastern European country Russia could now take would be Belarus and that might get sketchy
I was thinking more along the lines of Moldova being an even fight against Russia.

But forget all that, when is Russia going to follow through with their threat to "teach Finland a lesson"?

Please, please, please do it, Russia, please, please, please!!

I was thinking more along the lines of Moldova being an even fight against Russia.

But forget all that, when is Russia going to follow through with their threat to "teach Finland a lesson"?

Please, please, please do it, Russia, please, please, please!!

Pretty sure the "student" and the "teacher" would be in their original roles. Finland is a charter member of the FAFO club. But sometimes a dumb student needs to be taught again.

Just read about tensions in Georgia escalating.
The public's anti-Russian sentiment has been growing considerably, resulting in protests and more.

This may force the Georgian government to rethink their position regarding appeasing Moscow.
If there was ever a time for Georgia to rise up and liberate Abkhazia and South Ossetia from Russia-leaning separatists it's now. Chechens, too have an opportunity to toss the Russian-backed mobsters.

Looks like the Ukrainians and Russians are fighting hard for Novoprokopivka.

Ukrainian forces have made advances into the fringes town from the Northeast and are also pushing around the Southeast flank of the settlement. Objective at the moment appears to be the slopes on the eastern side of the town. These offer the defenders a pretty good view of the open country to the East (and thus easy observation of any Ukrainian advances).

Meanwhile, Russian forces have counterattacked in from the Northwest in the gap between Robotyne and Novoprokopivka. At the same time, they are trying to hold a firm line of defenses West of Novoprokopivka and Robotyne. Ukraine reports some success in pushing Eastward from Robotyne in recent days.

Artillery on both sides seems to have gone into overdrive. Several Ukrainian sources report substantial artillery 'preparation' ahead of attempted advances, including HIMARS and DPICM strikes. Meanwhile, Russian forces are reporting large numbers of MLRS showing up in the area, as well as lots of Lancets. There's video of one Ukrainian tank (looks like a T-64) getting hit by three of them, with inconclusive results.

Last edited:
Leopard 2 vs. Russian MBTs. I am surprised that the Leopard is stationary - it's meant to fire with high accuracy whilst on the move.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kuzocd7iVsU&pp=ygURbGVvcGFyZCAyIHZzIHQgNzI%3D

Before this war I would not have expected in the 21st century that we'd see German tanks in southern Ukraine fighting it out at close range with Russian tanks.

More notably German tanks with feline names against Russian with T- names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back