"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (9 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

However, since Israel has been provoked by proxy, they can justify providing Ukraine with hardware, now.

An add-on to the above:
What is the one thing the IDAF has an abundance of and is currently being retired?
F-16s...
Since the are at the brink of war i think they will pospone retiring their f-16. Remember this is the country that bought avia 109 the s-199 and used them in combat, be it briefly.

Since the are at the brink of war i think they will pospone retiring their f-16. Remember this is the country that bought avia 109 the s-199 and used them in combat, be it briefly.
Israel has over 100 F-16s in storage and about that many in service or serviceable.

They also have F-35s and F-15s currently in service, so the one thing the IDAF is not lacking, is air power.

Israel has over 100 F-16s in storage and about that many in service or serviceable.

They also have F-35s and F-15s currently in service, so the one thing the IDAF is not lacking, is air power.

But if Israel supplies Ukraine with arms, Russians in Syria may heat things up, meaning those F-16s won't be as surplus as thought, perhaps.

I read that statement as a signal of an Israeli about-face on the Ukraine war (they'd been very lukewarm, wanting to keep tensions out of Syria). Now that they're in the sorta same boat, Israel can't reasonably expect other nations to want to help Israel even as Israel had denied help to Ukraine. So I think this might be a result of US pressure to mouth the right words.

That is, I believe, the ulterior motive in play here. Everybody and their housecat knows Israel can't really hurt Russia without going nuclear.
Exactly!

But if Israel supplies Ukraine with arms, Russians in Syria may heat things up, meaning those F-16s won't be as surplus as thought, perhaps.
It is a risk, certainly but I doubt that Russia has the men, equipment or aircraft to try anything against Israel. If Ukraine with almost no airforce and mainly second string AA weapons can keep Russia at bay. Can you imagine what Israel would do to them?

not lacking

When you go to war you are. They are not the US nor Europe and cannot absorb to much. You must see that, look back at their inventory. And how the kept the Sherman variants into the 80.

hey also have F-35s and F-15s currently in service, so the one thing the IDAF is not lacking, is air power.

Having modern planes while other fight in tunnels aint going to do you much good. It is the complete airforce that will keep other players at a distance. As a f-16 is better then most can field it against it and the US is very willing to supply.. So well.. they wont. If there will be a deal for ammo and more munitions, do not see hat happening in the near. To political.

Having modern planes while other fight in tunnels aint going to do you much good. It is the complete airforce that will keep other players at a distance. As a f-16 is better then most can field it against it and the US is very willing to supply.. So well.. they wont. If there will be a deal for ammo and more munitions, do not see hat happening in the near. To political.

Exactly

So we're saying that Isreal is going to pull the 100 plus F-16s out of storage as well as the recently deactivated ones?

Currently, they have 109 F-15s listed as active along with 39 F-35s and 175 F-16s.

In recent years, Israel has been selling their retired F-16s to Canada and the U.S. as trainers.

So why not send a few to Ukraine?

"You kill our aircraft, we kill yours." Just that the russian ones were active and modern whereas the revenge kills were museum pieces. And they even missed some airframes visible there. Is that a Su-24 airframe above the building?
BTW the airframes are perfectly visible on Google Earth

Did the Russians target the Ukrainian War Museum in Kyiv?
200w (5).gif

"You kill our aircraft, we kill yours." Just that the russian ones were active and modern whereas the revenge kills were museum pieces. And they even missed some airframes visible there. Is that a Su-24 airframe above the building?
BTW the airframes are perfectly visible on Google Earth

Yeah, it's obvious that they were in scrap. But hey, any victory is a ... um ... victory. Yeah, that's it. Victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back