"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ukraine's military said that Russia has launched its most intense drone attack since the beginning of the war in 2022, and has targeted the capital city for over six hours.

Kyiv was the main target in the attack, Ukrainian Air Force Commander Mykola Oleshchuk wrote online.

Russia launched 75 Iranian-made drones against Ukraine in total, according to The Associated Press, 74 of which Ukraine's air force said their air defenses destroyed. A Ukrainian air force spokesman later confirmed to The AP that air defenses shot down 66 air targets in the regions surrounding Kyiv.

Kyiv city administration Serhii Popko said the Saturday morning attack was "the most massive air attack by drones on Kyiv."

Several buildings were damaged by falling debris, including a kindergarten, and at least five civilians were wounded in the assault. An 11-year-old child was one of the wounded, according to Kyiv mayor Vitali Klitschko.

The assault left a crater in a courtyard of a residential area that houses many elderly people, and windows were blown out of a nearby building.

The attack began at 4 a.m. and caused power outages in 77 residential buildings and 120 institutions, The AP reported. As many as 17,000 people were without power because of the attack, Ukraine's Energy Ministry said.

Is that all the Putinist can do? Its nothing on scale. Some ff ing drones from iran made with a lawnmower engine en some old scrapyard bits.

Now that a superpower right there. I bet some Polish/Scottish dudes in a shed will not only out produce but will be far better at it.

I do not under estimate the Putinist but this is a bit underwhelming.

Is that all the Putinist can do? Its nothing on scale. Some ff ing drones from iran made with a lawnmower engine en some old scrapyard bits.
I wouldn't be so quick to downplay the effect of the drones. First up. it is certainly not as simple as you make out - remember that we are talking about something with a reported 2,500 km (1,600 mi) range that carries a 50 kilograms (110 lb) equiped with tungsten shrapnel similar to the warhead on HIMARS GMLRS. More disturbing, the drones reportedly
use a computer processor manufactured by the American company Altera, RF modules by Analog Devices and LDO chips by Microchip Technology as well as a Texas Instruments TMS320 processor, a Polish made fuel pump on behalf of UK-based company TI Fluid Systems.

Moreover, it doesn't matter if the system is simple or highly complex when you are not he receiving end (dead is still dead). Moreover, they are still forcing the Ukrainian defences to shoot them down and thus consume ammunition. According to the latest report (below), 75 were used in one night. That's a long night with a lot of ammunition presumably being used.

I wouldn't be so quick to downplay the effect of the drones. First up. it is certainly not as simple as you make out - remember that we are talking about something with a reported 2,500 km (1,600 mi) range that carries a 50 kilograms (110 lb) equiped with tungsten shrapnel similar to the warhead on HIMARS GMLRS. More disturbing, the drones reportedly
use a computer processor manufactured by the American company Altera, RF modules by Analog Devices and LDO chips by Microchip Technology as well as a Texas Instruments TMS320 processor, a Polish made fuel pump on behalf of UK-based company TI Fluid Systems.

Moreover, it doesn't matter if the system is simple or highly complex when you are not he receiving end (dead is still dead). Moreover, they are still forcing the Ukrainian defences to shoot them down and thus consume ammunition. According to the latest report (below), 75 were used in one night. That's a long night with a lot of ammunition presumably being used.

As you could have read i am not down playing.
I can rigg a motor model engined of the shelf enlarge it 3 times and have a flying bomb. That is what the palestinins did These are not cruise missiles. Just destruction and terror.

Now look at what the yield is of the latest attack. Pittifull at most. A little girl and some buildings.

On the other hand heavy bombers attack aircraft etc. Not comming over to play..

Get my drift here?

There used to be strict controls on sales to certain foreign countries. It sounds as if nobody is paying attention or the present administration has rescinded them. When I worked for Burr-Brown Corporation (a competitor of Analog Devices) we introduced the first small hybrid fiber optic transmitters and receivers to the market. The single largest sale of that product line was seized by the FBI. It turned out that the purchase was made through a "blind" by a hostile country. I'm reasonably sure this is how those components are being obtained for the drones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back