"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some small signs that ordinary Russians are starting to get restless

The Kremlin is paying the wives of Russian soldiers not to protest against their long deployment following small-scale demonstrations in Moscow, the UK ministry of defence said.
"The Russian authorities are likely attempting to quash public dissent by wives of deployed Russian soldiers, including by attempting to pay them off and discrediting them online," it said.
"In recent weeks, the authorities have likely offered increased cash payments to families in return for them refraining from protest."
Women have been gathering in cities across Russia to challenge the Kremlin's argument that mobilised troops are needed in combat indefinitely to secure victory in Ukraine.

Former National Security Advisor John Bolton urged Congress to "act quickly" to support Ukraine amid its war with Russia, a conflict that he said may be forgotten by Americans as eyes shift to the war in Gaza.

"Ultimately, if we don't help the Ukrainians out, ultimately Russia will win," Bolton said in an interview with radio host John Catsimatidis on WABC 770 AM's "Cats Roundtable" on Sunday. "I think we need to do a better job."

"I think people in the House and the Senate should press Biden harder to develop a winning strategy with Ukraine, not just preventing Ukraine from losing, but figure out how Ukraine can win," he continued.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day ...

The real question that Congress needs tip answer, in my mind, is whether aid will be supplied to Ukraine on the same basis as LL was provided to the USSR '41-'45.
Under LL protocols Soviet agents traveled freely across America ... picking and choosing swhat they were instructed to obtain ... and i n almost every ask they got what they wanted ... exception: strategic bombers.
The aid America IS providing enters the war like a timed release capsule ... there is the repeated resupply of consumables - ammunition and such-like, and then the more advanced weapons ... Leopards, Challengers, F-16s.
But INNOVATION has been a key element throughout this war ... Ukraine has become a testing ground for new tech and old strategies.
Spanish Civil War anybody ...
Congress should approve a LL bill that enables Ukraine to have access to everything ... short of Stealth and other proprietary technololy.
Stop bickering about aid-by-bill-bu-allotment. The effort requires a LL bill, IMO.

Of course the desired results weren't achieved. The Allies took their sweet time dribbling equipment to Ukraine. It allowed the Russians to dig in.
I know it's way more complicated than that but I needed to vent.
I think many (most) of us feel likewise. Time and time again in the history of conflict, first responses are so meagre that the aggressor becomes emboldened. If Ukraine had been properly armed prior to hostilities, outcomes would have been very different.

Allies took their sweet time dribbling equipment to Ukraine
Think of it this way. If one supplies a nation at war, it will go through stocks in a pace an at peace pact like NATO cannot supply without out cleaning out their arsenals.
History proofs that that is not a smart move. There must always be enough to defend yourself.

Ramping up production and funding (which is done) is key.
Now, the wanna be soviets has to turn to tiny human waves of conscripts not out of Russia.
It is not 1944. They will have been seen by our big brothers in space. There is no iron fist behind it. None.
It is amateur hour. Nothing in the play books for Putin.
Dumb drones in stead of cruise missile makes me wonder. And a war head of what? Able to take out the local bbq or sex shop? And more often then not miss.

Now, industry as it is, will react to a market. Specially when greased and salted with money.
I predict that in 4 months there is no big arti shell shortage. And in 6 not in the ukr either.
There will be a migration of weapons the 1.0 kinds, going Ukr while new stocks are being formed.
I think the UKR can keep pushing but very carefully.
No if the ukr can keep fighting it will.

Users who are viewing this thread