"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (8 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

While I understand that Zelenskyy wants to keep the domestic economy rolling and protect its young adults, I was surprised that the draft age was 27. Even 25 seems high. In Israel, orthodox and medically unfit aside; all Jewish men and women 18–24 years old must enlist to the IDF. Once kit, weapons, training and logistical support can be had, I would reduce the age in Ukraine to 20.

And I would allow enlisted women to volunteer for combat roles. Women in the Russian invasion of Ukraine - Wikipedia. While the pilot herself would say her gender is not relevant, it would be noteworthy when we see that first UAF female F-16 driver. If traditionally masculine cultures like the Turks, Emiratis, Pakistanis, and Jordanians can field women Viper pilots, so can Ukraine.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:

I agree. I flew in combat with several women pilots, and see no problem with it. One of the best pilots I flew with was a woman. I'd fly with her any day.

The aircraft does not care one bit whats between your legs.

Oh I do hope that this has some basis of truth. I doubt it but I can wish, it's Christmas after all. Or maybe, its a gung ho Snata
Can the Vipers launch AAMs that are guided by ground radars or NATO E-3 Sentrys? The range of the AIM-120 is about 100 km (160 km for AIM-120D), which seems insufficient for keeping the Vipers themselves off the Sukhoi's radar. I imagine USN pilots must miss the days of the long range AIM-54 Phoenix.

And where are Russia's AWACS, the Beriev A-50 Mainstay? Are they too afraid to use/lose them?

Last edited:
I think USS Wasp (CV-7) DID generate that much smoke. But it had been hot by 3 torpedoes.........

Not strictly about the war but related. Some mil bloggers make noise about a party for high tier russian artists and it became a big deal.

How convenient to hide that another russian ship is parting with SpongeBob:

Can the Vipers launch AAMs that are guided by ground radars or NATO E-3 Sentrys?
No.
The range of the AIM-120 is about 100 km (160 km for AIM-120D), which seems insufficient for keeping the Vipers themselves off the Sukhoi's radar. I imagine USN pilots must miss the days of the long range AIM-54 Phoenix.
The AIM-54 was designed to kill bombers. Iran has had a bit of luck with it but it is of limited use against fighters particularly if they are aware.
And where are Russia's AWACS, the Beriev A-50 Mainstay? Are they too afraid to use/lose them?
Good question.

Well we know where one of them is:

And reportedly, there were only about 9 - 10 operational to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread