"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Last edited:
If the village/town is not strategic, then it makes no sense to hold it any longer.
Was Bahkmut strategic? I can't help but think the Ukrainians would have been better to surrender space there and focus on cracking on to Melitipol before the hundreds of thousands of land mines were emplaced. Instead the Ukrainians focused on holding Bahkmut, only to give it up anyway.

A massive missile/drone strike overnight with 100+ missiles.
Not all were shot down and something went astray over Poland.
Multiple civilian deaths reported.
That's all the russians are able to do - target and kill/hurt civilians.
They seem to be afraid to move their ships closer to Ukraine - no naval missile launches reported. All air/ground launched.
Additional info on that.

IMG_20231229_161944_773.jpg

Was Bahkmut strategic? I can't help but think the Ukrainians would have been better to surrender space there and focus on cracking on to Melitipol before the hundreds of thousands of land mines were emplaced. Instead the Ukrainians focused on holding Bahkmut, only to give it up anyway.
The physical location of Bakhmut is not particularly strategic, but as the Battle wore on, the Ukranians realized that it was a valuable asset and exploited it.

Here's why: the Russians kept sending men and material into the "Vortex" and as the battle wore in, had to draw men and equipment from other areas.
This included conscripts, mercenaries and regulars from other areas.

The result of this tactic paid dividend for Ukraine. Foremost was the disproportionate casualties Russia suffered. Another being the expenditure of munitions and loss of equipment that Russia is hard-pressed to replace and it almost launched a revolution, which by it's own right, tells just how significant the battle was for Ukraine.

Had the UAF pulled back early on, the above mentioned would not have happened, so in the end, it was a brilliant move by Ukraine to stay and exploit the situation for as long as they did.

By the way there is a rumor that a Tu-22M3 was shutdown over Kursk.

That is what I found out:
"A Russian Tu-22M3 bomber has reportedly dissapeared from the radar in the Kursk region in Russia. Information that is spread about the bomber being shot down are way too preliminary and unconfirmed."

I wonder if this is true or just a case of telling the boss what he wants to hear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back