"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The F-16 went into service 45 years ago.

The F-15 went into service 48 years ago.

The F-18 went into service 40 years ago.

The B-52 went into service 69 years ago.

Should we give all this old junk to Ukraine too?

Because, it's old, right?
Yes.
If the Russians can dust off all their old relics, why shouldn't we give a few of ours to Ukraine?

Not because its old equipment, but if its sitting in storage and highly unlikely to be used as production of the replacements is continuing, then why not give it to Ukraine? Or indeed any other area of the world where Russia and China are imposing themselves on neighbouring countries.

The value of such equipment is basically scrap / salvageable value so financially the cost mainly the refurbishment cost which in turn depends on the spec chosen.

I have no idea how many F16 Block 50's or F15 C/D's are in storage around the world but it should be a decent number.

All is not well in the promised land of Russia

A giant warehouse near St Petersburg has gone up in smoke after the Russian workers there set the entire facility ablaze.
The action was reportedly taken after Russian police raided the Wildberries warehouse to find people to conscript to fight the war in Ukraine.
According to Russian media sources the incident is currently under investigation by the state prosecutor's office.
According to APA's Russian bureau, there is currently no available information regarding the number of casualties or injuries caused by the fire.
The fire took hold of the 50 thousand square metre site and required hundreds of firefighters to bring it under control.

Its quite a fire

1705149879122.png

MOSCOW, Jan 13 (Reuters) - A huge fire tore through a warehouse belonging to one of Russia's biggest online retailers in St. Petersburg on Saturday, the Ministry of Emergency Situations said, saying firefighters had succeeded in halting it spreading further.

The warehouse's owner, Wildberries, said in a statement that all its staff had been evacuated. Nobody was reported to have been hurt.

There was no immediate word on how the fire, which covered 70,000 square metres and was rated as a category five, the most serious, had started in the suburb of Russia's second city.

Nearly 300 firefighters and dozens of fire engines, as well as helicopters, were battling to put out the blaze, the Ministry of Emergency Situations said.

Videos posted online showed thick black smoke rising into the sky and huge flames.

Damned smokers!

A buddy at another forum linked to an article reporting that this fire was started by workers when police showed up to conscript them into the army. I don't know how good or bad a source express.uk.co is, so I stick with Reuters and AP for international news.

All is not well in the promised land of Russia

A giant warehouse near St Petersburg has gone up in smoke after the Russian workers there set the entire facility ablaze.
The action was reportedly taken after Russian police raided the Wildberries warehouse to find people to conscript to fight the war in Ukraine.
According to Russian media sources the incident is currently under investigation by the state prosecutor's office.
According to APA's Russian bureau, there is currently no available information regarding the number of casualties or injuries caused by the fire.
The fire took hold of the 50 thousand square metre site and required hundreds of firefighters to bring it under control.

Its quite a fire

View attachment 757313
It's all going to plan.

A buddy at another forum linked to an article reporting that this fire was started by workers when police showed up to conscript them into the army. I don't know how good or bad a source express.uk.co is, so I stick with Reuters and AP for international news.
As far as I know the Express represents the bottom end of British journalism and is not a reliable source of information.
Any British in the forum? to confirm/deny

Nevertheless, in this case they may be right ;)

From a more reputable source, seems the police raid and the fire, even if provoked, might be unrelated:

Russian media said that authorities were investigating potential arson in the warehouse fire, but did not name any suspects. There were several fires last year at factories and businesses linked to Vladimir Putin's war in Ukraine. Like most Russian businesses, Wildberries has supported the war.

Before Christmas, police raided a Wildberries packing centre in Tula, south of Moscow, in an operation to detain migrant workers and send them to fight in Ukraine.

Happy to give it to Ukraine. My point was more that the USAF has been trying to offload so that they can better use resources on far more capable platforms like the F-35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back