"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If there is one person Putin cannot afford to lose, its the Central Bank Governor Elvira Nabiullina. I say this as it looks as if she is ill. Whatever you think of Russia and its invasion of Ukraine, she has done a remarkable job of financially keeping Russia economically in one piece.

With that in mind this must be causing concern in the Kremlin

MOSCOW (Reuters) -The Kremlin on Tuesday wished health and strength to Central Bank Governor Elvira Nabiullina when asked about speculation that she was in hospital.

Nabiullina, 60, cancelled a scheduled appearance at the 'Finance Day' forum at the Rossiya exhibition in Moscow on Tuesday. No reason was given for her absence and the central bank declined to comment
When asked about speculation on the Telegram app that Nabiullina had undergone surgery in a Moscow hospital, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the question was inappropriate.

"This is absolutely personal information about health and we have neither the scope nor the desire to comment on it," Peskov told reporters. "In any event, we wish Elvira Sakhipzadovna health strength and continued dedication."

Hitler turned on Schacht once the latter bore the former bad news about an overheated economy.

Building controversy in Australia:

There is more to this story though...

Would love to see more of what is behind this.

I suspect it is similar to why most of the Ansett aircraft were scrapped - maintenance records and mods were not acceptable outside of Ansett. Some of the unconfirmed Taipan info that has come out suggests that a significant number of manufacturers mandatory and recommended bulletins have not been complied with.

I suspect it is similar to why most of the Ansett aircraft were scrapped - maintenance records and mods were not acceptable outside of Ansett. Some of the unconfirmed Taipan info that has come out suggests that a significant number of manufacturers mandatory and recommended bulletins have not been complied with.

At a guess I would say it was to do with project management. The decision to shut the programme down means that jobs are cut and such responsibilities as fleet sustainability are no longer honoured. To supply the aircraft to Ukraine means training, support and parts supply, which the Australians are probably unwilling to provide because a) the manpower and expertise to do so has been dispersed/wound down, and b) the cost and inconvenience of regenerating all that. It probably works out cheaper to scrap and bury, as the govt wants to do.

Airbus (NHI) also will want input into maintaining serviceability and therefore agreements with Ukraine will need to be made. Passing on modern combat aircraft to a foreign power that doesn't operate that type is not an easy process, particularly if the nation disposing the stuff doesn't hold design authority.

The entire MRH-90 programme was poorly run from the outset and blame, if any is to be directed at the Australian govt for bungling it from the outset. Obviously Airbus supply issues are responsible for part supply, but much of the criticism of the programme failing has been levelled at the govt procurement process and the ADF requirement and sustainability side of things, i.e. home-made problems. The ADF didn't want the MRH-90 to begin with, but the govt of the day ordered it over the ADF's preferred aircraft. Bearing in mind the muddled history of the programme and how many hoops Ukraine might have to jump through to get the helicopters, Ukraine might not actually want them...

Would love to see more of what is behind this.

I have heard similar. There are some int he media implying that they were all perfect but the reality seems very different. Mind you, given Ukraine's situation I am sure they will take whatever they can get. Same goes for Hawkies.

Emmanuel Macron, announced that France will deliver 40 Scalp EG (french name for Storm Shadow) cruise missiles to Ukraine.

In addition, in Germany, some parties are pushing to deliver Taurus to Ukraine.

I would love to see some Ukrainian national markings on these Apaches.

I took these in 04 in Iraq. Anybody notice something odd about it?

IMG_2503.jpeg
IMG_2502.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back