"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I was going to respond, but since you know whats going on in my head (twice now you have claimed this) I see no point. I'll check in with you before I respond to anyone including my wife so you can tell me what I'm going to say.
I'm not on staff here, go ahead and respond. I only surmised based on evidence thus far that you'd reply with a rhetorical question rejecting the post. But I'm not psychic and anything else will surprise me for sure.

I think even a limited no-fly zone is going to lead to NATO and Russian aircraft engaging. Putin will not recognize its legality because it would be interpreted as providing a safe harbor for Ukrainian forces. Also, as refugees leave through the corridor, Putin would argue that military supplies are flowing in the other direction under the cover of the no-fly zone. Which he would probably be correct about, because that is what I would use it for as well.

If a NATO plane shoots down a Russian plane anywhere, even in the middle of the Atlantic it's an declaration of war by NATO.
You think? They cant take a big city but will take on Nato? 60 clicks of convoy with not enough gas to disperse? In what universe would that give the russians convidence to start a third front?
Self proclaimed admiral or not, think you have to reset your thinking there a bit.

A neutral aircraft enforcing a no-fly zone does not have to touch Ukrainian soil or Russian occupied soil.

It can enter, traverse and enforce the no-fly area without involving one side or the other.
I'm sorry but I feel that this is going down a blind alley.

a) If any nation NATO or not want to enforce a no fly zone then that will involve firing of Russian forces, and will be taken as the opening of hostilities
b) Only NATO has the forces to try such a thing

Yep, and the first thing that will happen is that the operating base will be targeted.
NATO, the EU, the US, etc are all desperately trying not to give putin what he wants.

Users who are viewing this thread