"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One of the problems with the drone's threat is that an average drone is cheaper than most weapons it can be destroyed with.
Now, there is a balloon that can be used in various roles (signal relay function is in high demand among drone operators as well). This balloon can be easily destroyed by a drone but... most such drones cost several times more than a target.
Probably (as we see now in drone vs drone warfare), not the equipment, but operators will become the main target.
Yeah I know. This is one of the challenges being dealt with by many from this conflict. I agree that ballon's such as this present part of a possible solution and also have multiple uses too.

Will Rusia end the same way?
I assume you refer to the revolution and then civil war and then new dictatorship. Interesting thought though I think the circumstances are somewhat different now. When Ukraine eventually prevails it will be an interesting development.

What is typical for this myth about "Syrskyi-the-butcher" is that none of the journalists spreading the myth is able (so far) to present the evidence. Seriously, how can you measure this "butcher index" while the war goes on and losses statistics are closed? Some sources say "the general is not popular in troops because...". Again, what are the tools to measure the popularity? There are polls in Ukraine with questions like "please rate your favourite...". But such polls are not allowed in the army.

"What is typical for this myth about "Syrskyi-the-butcher" is that none of the journalists spreading the myth is able (so far) to present the evidence. Seriously, how can you measure this "butcher index" while the war goes on and losses statistics are closed? Some sources say "the general is not popular in troops because...". Again, what are the tools to measure the popularity? There are polls in Ukraine with questions like "please rate your favourite...". But such polls are not allowed in the army."

I agree, hard to judge the "Syrskyi-the-butcher" comments with out the stat's to look at. And interviewing one unhappy Serviceman. I have never seen an army that every service member was happy with the leadership. The situation that exists in every army is that to be successful the average soldier does not know the overall plan or situation. It leads to individual frustration, and resentment of the leadership not telling everyone the plan.
Human nature is we all want to know all the information that will effect ourselves and the people around us. This is not possible for the lower ranking members of any armed forces.

Just my opinion, others may vary.

I assume you refer to the revolution and then civil war and then new dictatorship. Interesting thought though I think the circumstances are somewhat different now. When Ukraine eventually prevails it will be an interesting development.
More or less, more thinking of an internal colapse and breakaway regions.

Circumstances are different for now and internal situation in Rusia seems more stable than in late 2022 but it could change fast, even in tightly controlled countries, as we had seen in the middle east and north África.

What is typical for this myth about "Syrskyi-the-butcher" is that none of the journalists spreading the myth is able (so far) to present the evidence. Seriously, how can you measure this "butcher index" while the war goes on and losses statistics are closed? Some sources say "the general is not popular in troops because...". Again, what are the tools to measure the popularity? There are polls in Ukraine with questions like "please rate your favourite...". But such polls are not allowed in the army.
I agree. Please don't take my posting as supporting the myth. It was just reporting of the article

Interview with Ukrainian pilot about F-16 training.
Google translated. (You might need to refresh the page in your browser).
Interesting question and answer on the use of the A10 in Ukraine which in own mind sums up the problems in a few words

M.P.: Separately, there are also discussions about the need for A-10 , Gripen or other types of aircraft for the Ukrainian aviation. What can you say?

Phantom:
A-10 is a very good aircraft in its class. It is well suited to support ground forces from the air. But the current realities in our airspace along and near the combat contact line, and also near the occupied territories, will not allow them to perform these tasks, because a very large aviation component is needed for cover, to clear the airspace from the enemy's means of fire damage. I am talking about long-range and medium-range anti-aircraft vehicles. Therefore, he simply physically will not be able to perform those tasks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back