"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The National Guard still has enough money on hand to finish training Ukrainian pilots on F-16 fighter jets despite the U.S. running out of funds to send additional weapons and assistance to Kyiv, the head of the Guard Gen. Dan Hokanson said Thursday.

President Joe Biden announced in August that the U.S. would begin training Ukrainian pilots on the F-16 as part of a multinational effort to provide Ukraine with the advanced fighter jets. Pilot training began in October at Morris Air National Guard Base in Tucson, Arizona.

Since then, the Ukraine war fund that the U.S. has used to send billions of dollars in other weapons systems and assistance to Ukraine has run out of money while Congress has struggled to pass new aid.

The lack of funding has meant the U.S. has not been able to send any new weapons packages to Ukraine despite a brutal bombardment campaign by Russia. But the pilot training has been able to continue, Hokanson said.

"We do have the resources to continue the training that's already started," Hokanson said, and get that initial tranche completed this year. "If we decide to increase that, obviously we'll need the resources to train additional pilots and ground support personnel."

The National Guard still has enough money on hand to finish training Ukrainian pilots on F-16 fighter jets despite the U.S. running out of funds to send additional weapons and assistance to Kyiv, the head of the Guard Gen. Dan Hokanson said Thursday.

President Joe Biden announced in August that the U.S. would begin training Ukrainian pilots on the F-16 as part of a multinational effort to provide Ukraine with the advanced fighter jets. Pilot training began in October at Morris Air National Guard Base in Tucson, Arizona.

Since then, the Ukraine war fund that the U.S. has used to send billions of dollars in other weapons systems and assistance to Ukraine has run out of money while Congress has struggled to pass new aid.

The lack of funding has meant the U.S. has not been able to send any new weapons packages to Ukraine despite a brutal bombardment campaign by Russia. But the pilot training has been able to continue, Hokanson said.

"We do have the resources to continue the training that's already started," Hokanson said, and get that initial tranche completed this year. "If we decide to increase that, obviously we'll need the resources to train additional pilots and ground support personnel."

I'll take any good news I can get.

The U.S approved $100M for Ukraine pilot training back in July 2022, so the money is there - not sure why it took so long to get the pilots into the pipeline, tho.

You honestly triggered a laugh. 4-5000 ILLEGALS cross every day. None turned back - Very few are vetted, all immediately spirited away and vanish - never to appear at an immigration hearing - all on the public dole.

Please tell me you are consumed by indifference if the Crown had an open border policy and turned no one away - and raised taxes or diverted other committed spending to house and feed them. I'd like to hear from my Aussie and Oz friends who wish their immigration constraints were 100% removed. How many of your 'net' immigrants entered illegally on a scale of 0 to 100%? - and how many of your total immigrants are 'findable'?

Don't be silly about hiding behind per capita statistics.

It is PERSONAL on our southern border. I have Many friends in So.Texas that do not go to town unarmed. We have open carry but the concealed carry permits have skyrocketed. Three of my friends have lost family to Fentnyl.I live in N.Central TX and our drug crimes have skyrocketed in the last two years and we are 600 mi from the border.

The issue is about public safety And National security.
It's easy to grab total numbers but America is physically far bigger than most other nations. If we look at the numbers using a more consistent frame of reference, the picture changes a little. The Net Migration Rate counts the number of immigrants per 1000 of population. In 2023, these numbers were:

UK: 2.240 down 12.91% from 2022
New Zealand: 2.523 down 4.76% from 2022
US: 2.748 down 1.29% from 2022
Australia: 5.173 down 4.54% from 2022

So the US isn't exactly hurting relative to many other nations...an extra half a person per 1000 of population between the UK and US figures doesn't strike me as particularly large. And for all 4 countries, net migration actually decreased in 2023 compared to 2022.
Nothing to do with the Ukraine, please back on topic.

Respectfully Marcel - funding for Ukraine has EVERYTHING to do with coupling shutting down our southern border.

But the partisan divisional politics does not. Take it to Truth Social…

And for the other side, I'm sure there is some place they can take part in their divisional BS as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Frog
Back