"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How to donate to Ukraine - be that for humanitarian or Defence projects:

"It is not for Russia to tell us how we should help Ukraine in the coming months or years," Séjourné said at a meeting chaired by Lithuanian Foreign Minister Gabrielius Landsbergis and attended by his Ukrainian counterpart, Dmytro Kuleba. "It is not for Russia to organize how we deploy our actions, or to set red lines. So we decide it among us."

I know both LTGEN Simon Stuart and MAJGEN Jeremy King and I find it both extremely disappointing and infuriating for them to be continually taking the line that there are here. I believe they are being fed BS from others and they are now continuing the 'story' rather than doing the right thing:

View: https://youtu.be/OP3TeDd25SY?si=WvbBxi2Kd0E394Yk

It was delightful to watch a government hearing behaving so civilly.

ROME, March 9 (Reuters) - Pope Francis has said in an interview that Ukraine should have what he called the courage of the "white flag" and negotiate an end to the war with Russia that followed Moscow's full-scale invasion two years ago and that has killed tens of thousands.

Francis made his comments in an interview recorded last month with Swiss broadcaster RSI, well before Friday's latest offer by Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan to host a summit between Ukraine and Russia to end the war.

[...]

In the interview Francis was asked for his position on a debate between those who say Ukraine should give up as it has not been able to repel Russian forces, and those who say doing so would legitimise actions by the strongest party. The interviewer used the term "white flag" in the question.

"It is one interpretation, that is true," Francis said, according to an advance transcript of the interview and a partial video made available to Reuters on Saturday. It is due to be broadcast on March 20 as part of a new cultural programme.

"But I think that the strongest one is the one who looks at the situation, thinks about the people and has the courage of the white flag, and negotiates," Francis said, adding that talks should take place with the help of international powers.

"The word negotiate is a courageous word. When you see that you are defeated, that things are not going well, you have to have the courage to negotiate," Francis said.

You should probably stick to your otherworldly concerns, Frankie. You don't seem to understand real-world imperatives, such as avoiding torture, repression, and tyranny.
I think the Pope needs to go back to seminary school.

Yes, it is noble to be passive on a personal level, but not on a national scale where millions of innocent people currently face (or have faced) genocide.

The Old Aramaic custom of turning the other cheek has become watered down over the millinea.
The custom is: turn the other cheek after an affront. This allows the other person to walk away with their ego intact, since they already got in a free bitch-slap.

However, if they go for that second cheek, then the fight is on.

Putin is learning about messing with the turned cheek.

re
Yes, that came around three years after the Yom Kippur war so somebody in Britain must have taken notes.
The Swingfire as it is named could do a rapid turn up to 90 degrees after firing which would quickly bring
it past the operator in line with the target as Glider has posted, which is why the launcher could be completely
out of sight.
[my bold]

The Yom Kippur war was in 1973. First use of the Sagger was in Vietnam in 1972(I think).

The remote controller location idea was developed as a response to the Royal Army taking notice of their previous ATGMs's obvious launch signatures and easily traceable smoke trails.

The Vigilant ATGM (isd early-1960s) - had a remote controller location capability (upto 60 meters away) and 20° angle-off LOS, but did not have the ability to fire from behind cover like the later Swingfire. During tests and operational exercises with the Vigilant it was noted that the remote controller location made it significantly more difficult to neutralize/defeat the system.

The development and design concepts for the Swingfire were pretty much solid by the mid-1960s (years before the first use of the Sagger in Vietnam or the Yom Kippur war) including the ability to be controlled from a location separated from the launcher - initial production cold be separated by upto 100 meters with upto 45° angle-off LOS, and with the launcher in a hull down position. This was later expanded to upto 150 meters separation and upto 90° angle-off LOS. The Swingfire saw limited service in trials units with the British Army from 1966(I think), with service acceptance in 1970(I think).

And in response:

Image 11-3-2024 at 2.40 am.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back