"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Image 15-3-2024 at 1.21 pm.jpeg

''...If the situation should deteriorate, we would be ready to make sure that Russia never wins that war," Macron said during an interview on French TV, warning that anybody advocating "limits" on aid to Ukraine "chooses defeat...''

It's interesting the U-turn that Macron has performed.

From regularly calling Putin seeking appeasement during the first year of the war to promoting escalation and becoming one of the hawkish leaders in recent months.
I guess he (naively) had hopes for a negotiated solution early on, until reality struck and he realized that Putin is a liar that can't be trusted, and that the only solution is the strength of force.

It's interesting the U-turn that Macron has performed.

From regularly calling Putin seeking appeasement during the first year of the war to promoting escalation and becoming one of the hawkish leaders in recent months.
I guess he (naively) had hopes for a negotiated solution early on, until reality struck and he realized that Putin is a liar that can't be trusted, and that the only solution is the strength of force.
Ukraine needs to be careful about believing French guarantees or commitments. Just ask the Poles.

I do not want to run into her on the battle field. She looks like she would take me prisoner and clean my room, vacuum, and do the dishes. One a week she would make me take out the trash.
And then you'd have to sit quietly in your seat, with your hands neatly folded in your lap.

Russian forces may be currently committing tactical and operational reserves to fighting in eastern Ukraine in an effort to maintain and potentially intensify the tempo of ongoing Russian offensive operations. Ukrainian military observer Kostyantyn Mashovets stated on March 14 that the Russian military command is committing tactical and operational reserves to Russian offensive efforts in the Lyman direction, near Bakhmut, and west and southwest of Donetsk Oblast to prevent Ukrainian forces from further stabilizing the frontline in these areas.[10] Mashovets stated that many of these reserves were meant to exploit an envisioned Russian breakthrough of Ukrainian defenses, not necessarily to support current Russian offensive operations against stabilizing Ukrainian defensive positions.[11]

[...]

Mashovets added that Russian forces still possess appropriate reserves to further intensify offensive operations but that these reserves would likely be inadequate to permit the Russian military to collapse Ukrainian defenses.[13]

Russian forces may be currently committing tactical and operational reserves to fighting in eastern Ukraine in an effort to maintain and potentially intensify the tempo of ongoing Russian offensive operations. Ukrainian military observer Kostyantyn Mashovets stated on March 14 that the Russian military command is committing tactical and operational reserves to Russian offensive efforts in the Lyman direction, near Bakhmut, and west and southwest of Donetsk Oblast to prevent Ukrainian forces from further stabilizing the frontline in these areas.[10] Mashovets stated that many of these reserves were meant to exploit an envisioned Russian breakthrough of Ukrainian defenses, not necessarily to support current Russian offensive operations against stabilizing Ukrainian defensive positions.[11]

[...]

Mashovets added that Russian forces still possess appropriate reserves to further intensify offensive operations but that these reserves would likely be inadequate to permit the Russian military to collapse Ukrainian defenses.[13]

Can we crowd fund 155 ammo? I am really exasperated at the current situation.

[...]

It almost looks like Russians are being baited into a killing zone.

If I were a Russian commander, I'd be extremely cautious about committing much needed reserves like this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back