"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Don't forget there are politics involved. Musn't upset the environmentalists.

Then again, what are Ukrainian kids lives worth when compared to some votes ?

It is not about the environmentalists. We ship/shipped coal to New Zealand which is all about environmental stupidity. The Huntly power station in the North Island is/was coal powered and sits next to a massive coal mine that was closed. There is far more pollution and far less efficiency from mining in Aus, transporting to the wharf, shipping to NZ, transporting from Auckland wharf to Huntly but that is what they do/did.

BC's comment for today is apropos.

1716877406214.png

It is not about the environmentalists. We ship/shipped coal to New Zealand which is all about environmental stupidity. The Huntly power station in the North Island is/was coal powered and sits next to a massive coal mine that was closed. There is far more pollution and far less efficiency from mining in Aus, transporting to the wharf, shipping to NZ, transporting from Auckland wharf to Huntly but that is what they do/did.
Wasn't the Huntly mine closed due to environmentalists / costs ? Better to be able to say "we don't mine that in this spot anymore because
we are lowering our footprint " and then use it from somewhere else anyway ?

KYIV, May 28 (Reuters) - Ukraine will receive its first supplies of F-16 fighter jets "very soon", but around half of its desperately needed foreign military aid is arriving late, Kyiv's defence minister has said.

Rustem Umerov, 42, told Reuters in an interview in Kyiv late on Monday that Russia was deploying more manpower and equipment to the front, more than 27 months after its full-scale invasion.

Kyiv's forces have managed to stabilise the new front in the northeastern Kharkiv region where Russia attacked earlier this month. But Umerov said Moscow was preparing for a new push.

"Their objective is to open a new front in the north to start using all their manpower, firing power, against us, they are continuing with their objective to destroy the nation," he said.
"We are withstanding, but of course we need more weapons, we need more firing power, we need long-range missiles, not to allow them to enter our state."

He said Ukraine was grateful for the military aid and weapons supplied by its partners, but that only half of the promised deliveries arrived on time. Every delay benefited Ukraine's much larger and better-equipped foe, with a front line stretching 1,200 km (750 miles).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back